Droid X Vibrate only for specific callers at specific time

jj1123

Reaction score
I'm looking for a good night time application to auto silence my phone during a schedule, but allow vibrate ring for specific contacts.

I keep my phone on vibrate ALL the time & I am looking for an app that will silence the vibrate from 11PM-6AM, but, still vibrate for certain callers. For example, my wife calls me at 3AM, I want the phone to vibrate if she is on the exception list.

I have tried several apps, but I can not find anything that works.

Any ideas?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
there is an app called Tasker that lets you set up profiles for different things, I don't use it but I have read about it, if you haven't already tried it, give it a shot

OP
J

jj1123

Reaction score
there is an app called Tasker that lets you set up profiles for different things, I don't use it but I have read about it, if you haven't already tried it, give it a shot

I downloaded tasker, but cannot figure out how to make it work the way I want. Who can help.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i dont want to brag but i must say im pretty good at tasker :)

FIRST thing you want to to so you can learn to use it yourself is check out the devs website to see how it works

Tasker for Android

and go to the wiki page and download a few simple profiles to see how it works.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ohhh and if you still need profiles help, ill be glad to :D im just suggesting that first to help u understand how it works

OP
J

jj1123

Reaction score
ohhh and if you still need profiles help, ill be glad to :D im just suggesting that first to help u understand how it works

Yes, I'm starting to get the hang of it. I successfully created a silent mode on external power, full bright when ringing, but I just cannot get it to work with exceptions so that it's silent during the night, but still vibrates for a family member.
I appreciate any profile help you can provide. If you can post how to do this, that would be great.

I'm still on the trial version, I don't want to purchase until I know this works.

Thanks!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
well i cant explain it any better than they can unless i type EVERYTHING out thatd take forever.

but that pretty much will do what you need it to do. its just playing around with it more to get the hang of it.

this is one of the more complicated apps out there but IMO its well worth it. I have about 15 diff profiles from simple tasks to more involved ones.

OP
J

jj1123

Reaction score
well i cant explain it any better than they can unless i type EVERYTHING out thatd take forever.

but that pretty much will do what you need it to do. its just playing around with it more to get the hang of it.

this is one of the more complicated apps out there but IMO its well worth it. I have about 15 diff profiles from simple tasks to more involved ones.

The developer should post some screenshots next to the description for dummies like me! It does appear that tasker can be very powerful, but it's completely useless if one cannot figure out how to make it work.

Thanks for you input.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Those profiles arent by the dev they are user submitted

OP
J

jj1123

Reaction score
Those profiles arent by the dev they are user submitted

I understand, but if the developer wants to sell more apps, pictures would be nice.

The frustrating part of this is that I moved to Droid from Blackberry. I was able to silence the ringer during the night and add exceptions very easily, without purchasing an add on application. In many ways blackberry was simple to use. Having said that, the Droid is so much more powerful.

I have literally spent hours trying to accomplish this simple task using various apps...

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
while there may be a few things other OS can do, youll be surprised of how many more things android can do :) its also cheaper to buy it on the website