Phone turns off randomly

apl3

Reaction score
Here is my problem i have the OG Droid. Running PVe6 2.3.3 using the kernal provided by PVe6. The issue is my battery will charge overnight. In the morning it says at 100 %. But then the phone will shut off even though the battery gauge says 70 %. The phone is not unusally hot when this happens if anything this seems to be happening more frequently. Could this be a sign of a bad battery? Thanks for the help.

speedfreeq

Reaction score
Is it fully powering down? Or rebooting? You may want to do a full charge, then go into Elite Settings> General> system Maintenance> Wipe battery stats. Then let it fully discharge without rebooting, then charge again to full.
There's another thread on here started by zeppelinrox about how to completely recalibrate your battery, and it really helped my batt life.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
A

apl3

Reaction score
I will look into stats FYi the phone shuts off completely.

OP
A

apl3

Reaction score
Well I thought I fixed but now I have new symptoms. MY phone is always cool to the touch. IT will turn itself off, but here is the funny thing. When I hook it up to the charger sometimes the charging light on the phone will not turn on even though I know the battery needs some juice. The phone will sit there for a bit then the phone will turn itself on.