battery drains while phone is off

Seano

Reaction score
ok so the past few days ive been waking up and my battery is extremely low(5% , 10%) but when i goto bed i shut my phone off. i thought i was going crazy until last night i fully charged my phone to 100%, shut my phone off and when i woke up today to turn it on i was at 70%.

has this ever happened to anyone else and does it sound like i may need a new battery?

also i am rooted and running bugless beast 7.5 @ 800mhz.

M

Matth3w

You're not the only one on here that has reported this problem. The issue seems to be (as taken from another forum) that some programs don't let the CPU full sleep even when you think the phone is off.

Honestly, you're best off simply a) keeping the phone on a charger which doesn't hurt it or the battery or b) pulling the battery at night if you insist on keeping it off.

OP
Seano

Seano

Reaction score
matth3w, thanks for the quick reply.

i usually just shut the phone off to avoid random text's or emails waking me up at night but i guess i can try the battery pull.

M

Matth3w

If you want to avoid those things at night, perhaps consider downloading Quick Profiles (free) from the Market. I have a profile called "night" that allows calls to come through but no notification sounds.

Reaction score
Put that ***** on silent like i do lol. But matt has the correct ligic with the battery pull if you really want your phone dead for the night.

pharmsci

Reaction score
Goggle/Motorola needs to fix this

You're not the only one on here that has reported this problem. The issue seems to be (as taken from another forum) that some programs don't let the CPU full sleep even when you think the phone is off.

Honestly, you're best off simply a) keeping the phone on a charger which doesn't hurt it or the battery or b) pulling the battery at night if you insist on keeping it off.

The problem I have seen is that while off on a cross country flight, I lose my remaining power. Does Google/Motorola consider having to take the battery out a long term fix!?