Droid 2(refurbished) likes to shut off randomly...MORE than said

kevinxsalerno

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just recently joined the droid club and purchased a refurbished droid 2. I Love this phone, but it shuts off, WAYYYYYYYYYYYY too damn much. I know task killer is bad for your phone, I know your suppose to clear your cache, but serious I've restored to factory settings at least 4-5 times now, and I've only had the thing for 2 days.

I would have to say it shuts off at least 2-3 times every hour. The times I see it shut off is if I'm simply pulling it out of my pocket to unlock it, right when I unlock it - it shuts off. When I'm in the middle of a phonecall, it will randomly shut off. When I'm simply browsing the internet, it will randomly shut off.

Verizon already is sending me another one(refurbished), but I just want to know if there is anything I can try to do. I plan to root my phone, but will this really fix it? Is this a battery issue? A hardware issue? Or a droid OS issue?

A high end complex phone turning off maybe once a day wouldn't bother me, but everytime I want to use it, having to turn it on, is ridiculous.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just recently joined the droid club and purchased a refurbished droid 2. I Love this phone, but it shuts off, WAYYYYYYYYYYYY too damn much. I know task killer is bad for your phone, I know your suppose to clear your cache, but serious I've restored to factory settings at least 4-5 times now, and I've only had the thing for 2 days.

I would have to say it shuts off at least 2-3 times every hour. The times I see it shut off is if I'm simply pulling it out of my pocket to unlock it, right when I unlock it - it shuts off. When I'm in the middle of a phonecall, it will randomly shut off. When I'm simply browsing the internet, it will randomly shut off.

Verizon already is sending me another one(refurbished), but I just want to know if there is anything I can try to do. I plan to root my phone, but will this really fix it? Is this a battery issue? A hardware issue? Or a droid OS issue?

A high end complex phone turning off maybe once a day wouldn't bother me, but everytime I want to use it, having to turn it on, is ridiculous.

I hear you saying you know all about task killer but are you saying you aren't using one?

If you've done a Factory Data Reset, and that's what you should have done, and it's still giving you a bad time, you need another phone.

OP
K

kevinxsalerno

Reaction score
I used the task killer app the first 2-3 times I reset the phone, but then I found out it wasn't good for your phone. Just reset it after I posted this thread, and the 2nd call I made to test out something, it made that static sound(when it drops a call) and shut off. Within 5 minutes of resetting!

edit: 10 minutes after this post, I looked down at my phone as it was sitting my lap, and noticed it was turning itself back on from shutting off.

Last edited: