Phone took a dive....

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I think you are referring to a tempered glass screen protector that was purchased in a store. The OP is referring to replacing the actual outer lens (5th layer) of the Shatter shield screen itself. If the outer lens gets scratched Moto sells a replacement DIY kit; I don't think Verizon sells those.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
I'm sorry.. Yes I think you're right!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
@ gudasau we all have scars good job! You're braver than me(lol)

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Good deal @Gudasau I have one kit and 2 Turbo 2's that need it. Decisions, decisions. Probably the wife's phone since I plan on selling it to help pay for her new one. I'm concerned that the gouge in her outer lens also affected the screen underneath. I guess I will find out eventually.
Are you near the part of your state with all those fires? Really scary.. My cousin in California is always worried about fires once the spring comes.

If you're far away that's a win for you! I'm praying that all those fires get put out before any more houses are endangered...

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
You da man! ....I mean girl...I mean.. oh whatever. You're the best! No dust, no bubbles. Good job. I'm glad it worked out well for you.
LOL!
I decided to do the switch at my kitchen table. I keep a pretty clean kitchen and had been cooking on the stove, so the humidity was pretty high.
In the interest of full disclosure, I'm pretty proud of myself! I hate doing that kind of thing. No confidence, whatsoever...

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
@ gudasau we all have scars good job! You're braver than me(lol)

Indeed! I, personally, wear my scars with pride ;)
Thank you, I was a nervous wreck. I hate doing that kind of thing -- I'm always worried I will mess it up. Honestly, I was regretting not buying two -- just in case. Ugh, I'm glad it's over LOL

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Are you near the part of your state with all those fires? Really scary.. My cousin in California is always worried about fires once the spring comes.

If you're far away that's a win for you! I'm praying that all those fires get put out before any more houses are endangered...
Yes, @Sajo , I've been thinking about you and your family hoping all is well in your area.

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Good deal @Gudasau I have one kit and 2 Turbo 2's that need it. Decisions, decisions. Probably the wife's phone since I plan on selling it to help pay for her new one. I'm concerned that the gouge in her outer lens also affected the screen underneath. I guess I will find out eventually.

Buy another and replace them both. Problem solved :p

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I think they may be out of stock again. I'll check tomorrow.

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
All is good here, I am in Central TN. The wild fires are in Eastern TN.

Glad you and family are safe... Praying for those who are where the fires are and for the fire personnel who are responding..