Phone stuck on M while I slept

Reaction score
Since Monday I have been running Saphire 1.0 with Incognito and 7 slot 250-1100MHz SV kernel. The theme and Rom had all been downloaded via Rom Manager. Until last night everything was great. Yesterday I turned on Compcache and tried to load the new Droid 2 LWP. Compcache didn't seem to do anything wrong but the LWP wouldn't load, parsing error. Anyway those are the only major things that had changed since monday.

At some point last night my phone reset itself and when I woke up the M logo was staring at me in the face. After battery pulling and taking it out of the charging dock it wouldn't come back. I finally was able to get into recovery and load a backup of stock 1.0 so this wasn't a major dilemma but annoying none the less.

I have no idea what caused it but wanted to see if anyone had this problem or may know what may have caused it. I know since I wasn't awake I can't really tell you what was running but before I went to sleep it was in the normal charging dock mode. I don't know if the files I got from Rom manager were bad or if Rom manager is unrelated but either way I have downloaded the files from the CVPCS site. I guess being lazy may not have paid off. Thanks in advance for anyone that can help.

kevdog

Reaction score
Sounds like you need to delete the lwps you installed manually with adb while in recovery mode, or simply reflash the stock rom and gapps.

OP
BasilofBakerStreet
Reaction score
Sounds like you need to delete the lwps you installed manually with adb while in recovery mode, or simply reflash the stock rom and gapps.

I loaded a backup of stock Saphire 1.0 so I figured I would start over and not try installing the LWP or running compcache. But since no one has complained of compcache messing with anything I figure it most likely was the LWP.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Syraz

Reaction score
I am running the new lwp but no compcache just fine.

OP
BasilofBakerStreet
Reaction score
Well maybe the two don't work well together or maybe my issue was completley unrelated to the two. I won't be able to find out but thank you for the input.

doctorunk22

Reaction score
There was something wrong with ClockworkMod. Rom Manager has an update and it said on their market page to flash an older version of the recovery and reinstall the latest to fix the problem. One of my Coworkers phone got stuck on the M logo yesterday when we were flashing a new rom.

kevdog

Reaction score
My advice is to not use CWM to flash new ROMs rather just download the zip file and install it that way instead through recovery. Just my 2 cents.