Phone shut off on its own tonight...

Youngster77

Reaction score
Exactly what the title says...just got done sending a text and set the phone down. 10 mins later I go to check something on the phone and its shut off. Couldn't turn it back on with the power button no matter what I did. Ended up having to pull the battery out in order for it turn back on.

Anyone else experinece this? The phones only 2 days old...not cool.

91fatboy

Reaction score
Had the same thing today. Was driving to work and noticed my blue tooth light wasn't on / on my stereo. Pulled out my phone and sure enough it was off. Power button did nothing, like you said I had to pull the battery to get to come back on. Was not a happy camper having to pull over take the back off, pull the battery, put it back together and then use the power button to start it up. If it happens again I'll be going to Verizon store to replace it or something. That would suck after I've spent the last week getting it set up the way I want.:blink:

sjmerlo

Reaction score
I have been using my Bionic since the 8th and the same thing happened to me today. It was the first issue I have had since I bought the phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

bbtkd

Reaction score
I have been using my Bionic since the 8th and the same thing happened to me today. It was the first issue I have had since I bought the phone.

Same here - got it on the 8th and on the 16th it shut off. OK since.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Just guessing as i am not a bionic owner but maybe a reboot every 2 - 3 days would solve this... just thinking out loud really.

mike43302

Reaction score
Thats funny mine turned off by itself when sending a text also.

steveky

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I'm not a Bionic owner... yet. But my D1 did the same thing. Not good when I rely on it as an alarm, but it hasn't happened in over a month.

grisha

Reaction score
i have the same problem

called verizon.they told me i can exchange for a new one within 14 days.plus my video on skype is not working.i guess they have software issues.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Crazy, these phones are waiting 8-10 days before showing certain bugs. I got mine on the 12th so my fingers are crossed!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
called verizon.they told me i can exchange for a new one within 14 days.plus my video on skype is not working.i guess they have software issues.

Well, I'm changing the speaker on a couple...One needs flexcable as it was crimped in manufacturing..actually two were crimped but only one caused an issue..so that something to watch out for, however I don't advise you taking it apart..lol unless you know what your doing..And a couple of screen replacements...this is the beginning...I've lost a few jobs because parts weren't available..but I know there will be more...When the sbf hits I can take the software issue calls..this phone sadly is going to keep me busy....but its size makes for a slight, slight easier access...so yes some will have software issues and some will have hardware issues....I'm going to pass and get the next one that comes along..after it settles a bit with the technology...

Reaction score
Goto Settings»» sound»» look under general settings section then select volume.

georgepetro

Reaction score
Mine shut off today while I was looking at pictures. I've had it for a week, today. This sucks. afraid of missing calls if it goes on by itself. This is my second X2. Last one shut off by itself too.

flipcircuit

Reaction score
Just curious, are any of you guys that are having probs running rooted? I was until I un-installed the turd-ware "Task Manager" that came on it.

bbtkd

Reaction score
Mine shut off today while I was looking at pictures. I've had it for a week, today. This sucks. afraid of missing calls if it goes on by itself. This is my second X2. Last one shut off by itself too.

X2? You are posting in the Bionic forum....

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just guessing as i am not a bionic owner but maybe a reboot every 2 - 3 days would solve this... just thinking out loud really.

No, that isn't it. It's been called BSoD for Black Screen of Death. Nothing short of a battery pull will restart it. It's happened to me twice and I am unrooted. I've heard that it may have to do with Go Launcher (which I don't have installed) or WeatherBug (which I do).