Phone screen goes blank and people on the other end can't hear me

zettebenson

Reaction score
I have been having this issue frequently , I will be speaking on the phone and the other person on the other end cannot hear me, I can hear them, but they canno thear me. My screen goes blank and does not return to the phone screen. I cannot disengage phone until they hang up. Can someone help me? I have Motorola Droid. Thnak you.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
More then likely you are accidentally pressing mute. The screen will stay dark for a couple of seconds but no longer then that.

You may be covering up the proximity sensor. Long hair will do this.

Did it just start doing this or has it been like this for a while?

OP
Z

zettebenson

Reaction score
It has been doing this since I got the phone. I do have long hair. I have been able to check in the past and the mute is not on. Where is the Proximity sensor. I do not see that pointed out in the manual.Thank you for responding.

DivineMsK

Reaction score
I found a solution when I had this problem

I've had this problem for months. I have long hair and wear earrings and so I tried moving my hair, taking off my earrings when using the phone, holding the phone at angles that would make a circus freak proud - NOTHING worked !After spending a lot of time reviewing threads in this forum I felt pretty confident I had some variation of the ubiquitous proximity sensor problem but still didn't see a solution (except for try and get another droid or get another phone). I was finally reduced to using the speaker phone and counting the days until I could get a HTC Incredible. Out of frustration I took another look at the forum and someone wrote about an application called Screen Suite (Website, Phone application design and development. Connect through social networks | Apps Beyond). I figured for $1.99 what could it hurt? I've been running the application for two days now and my problem is solved (plus it has some really nice extra features to it). So you might want to try this before you change hairstyles, get rid of piercings, or use your droid as a frisbee.
Good Luck to you. Kat