Phone restarts every few seconds

K_Slice

Reaction score
Never had this issue untill it automaticly updated to the newest os (jelly bean?). The night it updated and installed right after the installation it kept restarting every few seconds. I booted in safe mode and it made no difference. I have few apps installed anyways so I doubt there's any conflict.

I left it off over night and the next day it was back to normal. However twice since the update for seemingly no reason it will shut itself down, then restart, and continue restarting every 30 seconds or so.

Is this a known issue? It never happened when the phone was running off ICS, only after it updated.

OP
K

K_Slice

Reaction score
I dont want to lose all my pictures and apps! I'll have to try and see if I can transfer them to my computer i guess, hopefully the 30 seconds of run time before the restart will be enough...

Yeah, I thought it would install it as a USB mass storage device, pretty simple. But it figures it wants to use some dumb backup software or something. So there's no way I can get what I want off the phone using this clunky motorola software...

Any other suggestions?

Last edited:
OP
K

K_Slice

Reaction score
Well through a little process of elimination I figured out what was causing the problem.. KINDA

It was basicly when the phone would try to connect to my wifi that it would restart. So when wifi comes on it restarts. Is this a known issue with a solution? Or any advice now that the problems pretty narrowed down?

Thanks