Phone Powering Off Around 30%

TheDudeMatt

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X 2nd Gen
Not sure if this is the right section to be posting this forgive me this is my First post.

I just received my MotoX Dev Version from Motomaker last Thursday and since day 1 I noticed this problem. It first happened when I was activating the phone.. It was the first time I turned the thing on at the ATT store and it shut off in the guys hands while fidling with the settings. He told me the battery had died. I plugged it in and it said 30 something %. I figured it was something odd that caused it to shutdown. So I unplugged it and turned it back on and it shut off again. When i plugged it back in, again it still says around 30% but this time I let it charge for like 15 mins. I activated the phone and went back home. I figured it was just some weird coincidence.

Over the weekend the battery never went below 40% so I never experienced the problem again until tonight when it randomly shut off again around 30%. Plugged it in and same story. This time I drained the battery to 0% and am going to fully charge it then drain it to 30% again and see if it happens. While draining it to 0% I did notice something odd again. When I plugged it in right after it shut off at 0% it said 6% instantly. A bit confusing.

Anyway I was just curious if anyone had this happen to them? Any advice? Should I contact moto? I'm still within the 14 day grace period to return the phone I guess. The problem I have is I don't want to receive a damn refurb for a phone that has a manufactures defect and I haven't even owned it for a week.

Thanks for the help. Again forgive me if this is in the wrong section.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'd contact Moto, sounds like you have a faulty battery.