Phone not recognising any Dock

grooven79

Reaction score
Updated to ICS with the soak. I have had my phone previously on 232 before getting the email to join the soak test. I the fxz'ed back to 905. Before upgrading to 232, during the use of 232, and after fxz back to stock I was able to use the standard dock and car dock very extensively.

With the update I lost the dock functionality. I was originally unrooted but now am again rooted. I did not have the dock functionality before rooting. The phone does charge on the dock and the docks do work with my buddies dock. I just seems like a program either did not take or a file was corrupted in the update.
Oh and after the soak I did do a factory reset to see if that would help. And it did not.

Anyone got any ideas?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Does the icon in the notification bar for the dock show up when you put the phone in the standard dock ?
If it does pull it down & choose different dock mode.

You can try going int Apps, Manage apps, Motorola Dock service & clear cache & data.

Clearing the app cache & data has fixed a lot of issues with certain services not starting properly.

The other thing you can try is to clear the system cache & data by booting into recovery & clearing them.
This has also worked for fixing a lot of issues that have come up, but you will lose all data associated with all apps.

when you you did the factory reset you lost all app data anyway.

OP
G

grooven79

Reaction score
Your right. I should have included that...

No it does not.

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Your right. I should have included that...

No it does not.

Try the additional things I just added to my post and post back.

OP
G

grooven79

Reaction score
Tried to clear data on motor dock services and it would not even if it has 84k of data. I also tried a cache and data wipe. That still did not fix the issue.

Also tried to push harder, with or without case, and more.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Ok after the ICS update, did you go to app settings and remove the home and clear default? Im not that familiar with ICS yet to be honest. But I had a similar issue and went to settings and somehow found it..and I forget what it was. Long day.. just look for a new car dock app and set it as default. Let me know how you make out.