Bionic not working with docks after flashing .246 FXZ

Ratamacue2

Reaction score
I have 2 bionics. both on 246 ics
one works fine with dock
second can't see dock and have warm battery and huge battery drain (about 10% per hour). Donno how to fix it.
What is the FXZ history on your phones?

Kep2078

Reaction score
What is the FXZ history on your phones?

Unknown. I bought them on ebuy with broken glass and replaced it.
The second one i've tryed to FXZ many times thru RSD and manually thru moto-fastboot. Installed and uninstalled different software, with no luck. Yet i've not tryed to FXZ JB Update, i'm trying to find the way to make it work on ICS.

matthimrod

Reaction score
Here's my latest bit of "less than helpful" searching:

How To Repair Dock Application (What Files Are Not Replaced Via Fxz) - Droid Bionic - RootzWiki

Someone on rootzwiki back in '11 having pretty much the same issue and blaming it on Titanium Backup. I don't think it's TiBkp, but he makes a good point that the FXZ doesn't restore absolutely everything. I'm starting to suspect something awry with the kernel, but the OTA update from .246 should have written an updated kernel. I'm no less confused now than I was before.

Ratamacue2

Reaction score
I noticed that the most recent poster in that thread was back in January of this year, so this problem has spanned several versions. It's been around for a long time.

matthimrod

Reaction score
My thought as well. One thing of note, my original Bionic saw FXZ more times than I can count, but the replacement one only once (when the problem began). The original was HW A and the replacement was HW B. I wonder if there's a subtle software difference between the two? Which hardware revision do you have?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD