Phone loops

Reaction score
Had my phone last night spent the night out so my phone died. Tried it in my buddys car charger and my other buddies home charger (weren't motorola chargers) and the phone will start up but once the home screen finishes loading all widgets the phone just cuts off and i get the moto symbol and off it goes over and over and over again. At first i thought this was from the chargers as the droid seems to not like non moto cords when at low battery, no luck when i got home. I restored my previous nandroid, reinstalled 2.2, reinstalled the kernal, etc. The only thing i havent tried is flashing the stock sbf file and i cant do that since my phone wont charge enough to let me to boot into bootloader for rsd.

I just got this phone like 2 weeks ago as a replacement for my smashed one. And ive been doing this since Dec so its not like im a newbie to this. Just looking for suggestions of anything i missed since ive been drinking all night

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Put your Droid on the stock wall charger that came with your Droid. Let it sit for several hours. I had this issue. My Droid would not turn on no matter what.

Somehow it had to do with the battery and charging for an hour or two on the stock charger just wouldn't cut it. I left it overnight and then next day it turned on and worked fine.

Give this a shot before resorting to the .sbf flash, as you will have to start from scratch.

OP
G
Reaction score
I got it, i did basically that but on the computer.

As you know when you plug the phone into the wall it will not turn off, i even tried just booting to recovery to let it get a charge for a bit but it wouldn't charge (which i thought weird). So it was looping loading the OS on the wall charger and i guess that was using up enough battery that it wasnt charging past 5% and if i unplugged it the phone died.

So i ended up hooking it up to my computer which wont trigger the phone turn on and let it sit. After about 30 min the phone turned itself on and booted right up. Let it charge and its at like 90% now and working fine.

The weird charging habits of this phone is really the only complaint i have.

itsamutiny

Reaction score
my droid did this for 36 hours straight. when i took it back to the verizon store, they said there was nothing they could do, and gave me a replacement. : /