phone locked up on reboot after i installed the cm7 zip from sd card

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
did you hold down the shift key when you right clicked rsdlite? then click the (...) dots
why whould i right click with shift key? yea i did.. when i hit the ... dots only thing that pops up is documents in the window thing and under it is microsoft...it wont say s flash at the bottom cornor

2mnydgs

Reaction score
""Step 3: Click on your rsdlite program. You need to run as an administrator, to do that hold shift key and right click on the rsdlite program (do that as you are about to open the program). Thanks Firesong3k for reminding me about that.

Step 4: Next to the file name text box in the rsdlite program are three little dots. Click on those dots and find the file Click on that file and then click start. Make sure you have a strong battery before flashing this is the one time you need to ensure your battery is ok to get through the process, because the program erases everything and re-flashes your phone.
""

kickyindahead

Reaction score
please refer to post 12 and post 16 ... MOST everyone else who has learned anything about the android system and had to sbf at some point or another .. THEY HAVE READ AND FOLLOWED THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE LINKS PROVIDED IN THESE TWO POSTS!

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
thanks...i ran as admin....NOTHING.. my device wont read....the files not there after i click the dots....thanks

kickyindahead

Reaction score
is your phone plugged into your computer? do you have the motorola drivers on your computer? do you have rsd lite 4.9 installed on your computer?

2mnydgs

Reaction score
Post 4 I think
1. Go to your computer
2. Make sure your phone is charged to 100%
3. On your computer download rsdlite...
4. Download full sbf droid2global file from droidlife(make sure its full and not just system)
5. Make sure you have the correct drivers installed(you will know when you open rsdlite and plug phone to computer)
6. Unzip the sbf file to desktop and then drag to rsdlite folder and drop in the correct place wherever you put it, remember.)
7. Hit the ... button on the rsdlite program and choose your file..
8. With full battery, open your keyboard and hold power and x..you will enter a black screen(bootloader) it should say ok to program)
9. Hiit start and wait untill the program says, reboot your phone manualy..
If you get confused, youtube has several tutorials....
Hope this helps!:)

My D2 is miles ahead of me running Cm7GB(OTAkernel)

So....hows it goin?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
thanks for catchin up fellas..... i cant get the rsd program to say s flash ......i just wanna piss on my phone and say f*ck u

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
is your phone plugged into your computer? do you have the motorola drivers on your computer? do you have rsd lite 4.9 installed on your computer?
yea pimp i had it all...just couldnt get the rsd prgram to say s flash in that little slot

Asphyx

Reaction score
Ok if you read the instruction in the link posted you would have figured this out but since your still having problems try this...(The instructions posted in the thread were wrong!)
load up RSDLite (run as administrator)
Power off the phone, Turn it on holding the UP ARROW key on the hardware keyboard should see a very different screen.
Plug in the phone that screen should say USB

Choose the SBF file you want to flash in RSD (.330 works best)
on the RSD light window you sould see a device listed on port #1 If not unplug and replug in the phone.
Once you see a device hit the start button. Let it go and do it's thing, it will eventually say rebooting phone.
When you see the press android you have completed the SBF proccess.

If you bootloop (keep seeing the droid animation over and over:
Turn off the phone (Battery Pull)
Hold down the x key on the hardware keyboard and power up the unit
When you see the triangle press the search key on the hardware keyboard (Magnifying glass)
Wipe Cache and Data
Reboot

Now you should have a stock install of MotoBlur .330

To Install the GB leak (needed to run the latest CM7 for GB base -best version out there):
Download the leak.7z (.606 or .607) found on RootWiki
READ THE INSTRUCTIONS THAT COME WITH THE RELEASE!
You will need to rename the file update.zip and copy it to the root of your SDcard

Power down the phone
Hold the X key and power up.
Select install update.zip

Let it do it's thing...When it's done reboot
You should now have the stock Moto GingerBlur.

Root it using the D3 Root one click.
Reboot!

Install D2 Bootstrapper
When you see success go into recovery mode, Flash CM74GB, Gapps Wipe Data and Cache, reboot!

You have the RSDLite and SBF stuff, All the other stuff I mentioned can be found on RootWiki (and probably here somewhere with the exception of CM7 and Gapps)

I suggest in the future if you haven't mastered the SBF proccess you should not be playing around with flashing Roms until you have read all instructions thoroughly and know you will be able to recover from a bad flash.

And I should point out that if you really want to run CM7 and intend to flash the GB leaked to do so, You can kiss goobye any roms you have set up that use the Froyo kernel cause they won't work unless you SBF back to .330