phone locked up on reboot after i installed the cm7 zip from sd card

93fuelslut

Reaction score
i was in bootstrapp and hit install zip from sdcard and then install zip for the gap...went to reboot and now my phone just has the motorola icon for 15min....whats goin on

Asphyx

Reaction score
i was in bootstrapp and hit install zip from sdcard and then install zip for the gap...went to reboot and now my phone just has the motorola icon for 15min....whats goin on

Well not sure why it's the Moto Icon, But you did forget to wipe data and cache which would have resulted in a bootloop if you had gotten past the Moto screen.
If your stuck on the Moto Logo then most likely you will need to SBF and try again.
Question what color is the Moto Logo? If it's not RED (white instead) and you tried to install CM for GB you need to SBF to stock .330, update to .606 or .607 GB leak or do the OTA update if available.

Once that is done use the D3 One click root to root the device, install the D2 Bootstrapper, then install CM7GB, Gapps, wipe data and cache and reboot.
I would save a nandroid of the GB Stock first before you install CM to save you some steps should the CM flash run into troubles. I always keep a nandroid backup Stock Rooted that I can run to so I don't have to SBF unless I lose the bootstrapper access.

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
thanks.........i have no idea what all that is..
whats sbf? how do i do that?
the logo is white
how do i go to stock, update to .606 or do the ota update?
what is "d3"?? droid 3?
how do u save a nandroid?? what is that
thanks

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
thanks.........i have no idea what all that is..
whats sbf? how do i do that?
the logo is white
how do i go to stock, update to .606 or do the ota update?
what is "d3"?? droid 3?
how do u save a nandroid?? what is that
thanks

1. Go to your computer
2. Make sure your phone is charged to 100%
3. On your computer download rsdlite...
4. Download full sbf droid2global file from droidlife(make sure its full and not just system)
5. Make sure you have the correct drivers installed(you will know when you open rsdlite and plug phone to computer)
6. Unzip the sbf file to desktop and then drag to rsdlite folder and drop in the correct place wherever you put it, remember.)
7. Hit the ... button on the rsdlite program and choose your file..
8. With full battery, open your keyboard and hold power and x..you will enter a black screen(bootloader) it should say ok to program)
9. Hiit start and wait untill the program says, reboot your phone manualy..
If you get confused, youtube has several tutorials....
Hope this helps!:)

My D2 is miles ahead of me running Cm7GB(OTAkernel)

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
i just took my phone off charge.....15min later the phone is just black.....i thought bootloader was power and the up arrow key?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
i just took my phone off charge.....15min later the phone is just black.....i thought bootloader was power and the up arrow key?

It should be black....but it should say...D2.and a version and hopefully ok to program...(white print)

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
It should be black....but it should say...D2.and a version and hopefully ok to program...(white print)

Hold power and up arrow .....for a few seconds untill you get the black screen with text a few short lines...

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
i dl the sbf file off droid2hacks.com and my computer wont open the zip says invalid

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
im at the motorola icon on my home screen rsd thing...i go to flash it but the s flash isnt on file...thats the only thing messin me up.

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
[video=youtube;at7GzMZ0ks8]http://youtu.be/at7GzMZ0ks8[/video]
im at 4:10...but imnot getin the s flash

2mnydgs

Reaction score
did you hold down the shift key when you right clicked rsdlite? then click the (...) dots