Phone keeps setting itself to silent mode?

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
That setting is off and it only vibrates on calls in priority mode

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
I am also looking for a new app that sets ringer volume on a schedule as my old one seems to have issues in the z2 not sure if it is causing the vibrate issue or not . Any suggestions on a good volume scheduler app

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Settings.... Sound... Turn off "also vibrate for calls"

Sent from my Moto Z (2)
I removed a third party app and now volume returns to normal after priority but when priority mode is in it only blocks texts not calls and doesn't vibrate for calls.
Anybody else having priority mode not working correctly

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
My Priority Mode on my Z Force and my Z Play work correctly

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I figured out what it is if you have allowed contact ie stared to ring in dnd, then it allows all remaining calls until reboot to ring through. I believe it a bug.
See if you can test in the following way
Allow stared contacts to ring in dnd and set a phone that you can call your cell phone with as stared and then call your cell phone. Then unstar that contact or call from an unstared contact and it will also ring through until reboot when it seems to reset . Seems to be a bug.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I figured out what it is if you have allowed contact ie stared to ring in dnd, then it allows all remaining calls until reboot to ring through. I believe it a bug.
See if you can test in the following way
Allow stared contacts to ring in dnd and set a phone that you can call your cell phone with as stared and then call your cell phone. Then unstar that contact or call from an unstared contact and it will also ring through until reboot when it seems to reset . Seems to be a bug.

That does sound like a bug when put that way. I have had calls from started contacts at night recently, while in DND - Priority only mode. They rang. Then later that night calls from non started contacts did not ring...as expected. It might be a bug specific to the Z2 Force? Have you tried calling Moto Tech Support and see what they say?

Reaction score
Website
findmobileprice.com
Twitter
findmobilepric
I think you shuld master rest your devices. There is 95% chances your device will be okay if it is not resolving after trying all mathods.

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
That does sound like a bug when put that way. I have had calls from started contacts at night recently, while in DND - Priority only mode. They rang. Then later that night calls from non started contacts did not ring...as expected. It might be a bug specific to the Z2 Force? Have you tried calling Moto Tech Support and see what they say?

Moto support doesn't have it listed as a bug they recommend reset all apps but this hasn't worked on my new phone from the start so I do not think it's that. Rebooting fixes until you get a call from a stared contact. I did find that the volume schedular app was what was causing priority mode to vibrate on calls instead of being silent and also preventing the ringer from returning to normal volume. I removed the schedular which fixed that but now calls ring through after stared contacts. It's annoying problem still hunting for more conflicts

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I think you shuld master rest your devices. There is 95% chances your device will be okay if it is not resolving after trying all mathods.
It behaved this way out of the box so I do t think a reset would fix

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
have you resolved it ?
How ?
Rebooting fixes until the next stared allowed call rings through then all calls ring through until next reboot
Do you have a z2 force that you can try test on. I'm think of going to a store and testing on a fresh one to see if it's my phone or all z2 force

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I am at a loss myself now. I cannot think of anyway for it to set on its own.
I believe you have a z2 force can you try a test for me?
1) set your phone to priority mode
2) make sure a phone # maybe a land line or another cell, you can call from is not in priority white list ie. Favorites or set whitelist to none
3) call your cell it should be silent
4) add that phone # to favorites and set priority mode to allow calls from favorites
5) make another call to your cell it should ring thought
6) remove that # from favorites or set priority to not whitelist any calls
7) the problem I see on my phone is hat all calls will ring through from any # until reboot

Can you or anyone who reads confirm this happens on other z2s

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
He has a Note8

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
He has a Note8

Oh well, I may have to try it in a store to verify if no one with a z2 reads and wants to try