Phone keeps setting itself to silent mode?

Sammy27

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy s7 edge
Hii guys...
I have an galaxy s7 edge which i hv bought recently so its totally new.
But i am facing sone kind of problem dat my phone automatically turns into vibrate mode from sound....bt when i see on d notification panel its still showing that its on sound bt phn ws on vibrate bt wen i restart it dan ut cms bk on normal..
After using fr sm tym again it goes on vibrate mode so pls help mr guys n tel me how to fix it..

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
you have too many abbreviations in your post. I really do not understand what you are trying to say. I don't do much texting so to clarify, please spell out the words

Sammy27

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy s7 edge
Hii guys...
I have an galaxy s7 edge which i have bought recently so its totally new.
But i am facing some kind of problem that my phone automatically turns into vibrate mode from sound....bt when i see on the notification panel its still showing that its on sound but phone was on vibrate but when i restart it than it comes back on normal..
After using for some time again it goes on vibrate mode so please help me guys and tel me how to fix it....

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
any chance you are accidentally turning the volume all the way down? it can happen in your pocket or just by holding it

Sammy27

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy s7 edge
Hii,
Thankyou for replying me back.
No it is not happening while the phone is in my pocket. It is happening when i am even using the phone or if i am texting someone just in the middle of texting my phone automatically goes on vibrate mode and yet it is showing that its on sound.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
are you sure it is not the way your fingers are holding the phone. they are not placed on the volume buttons where you can accidentally turn it down?

Sammy27

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy s7 edge
Yes i am sure because i have seen it so many times going on vibrate mode while i am texting so please help me out and let me know what is cusing this.

Is it possible that my data of the phone is corrupted like for example i brought my whatsupp back up and data into this new phone so can it be the reason for that ?

vithanagebvsvb

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me solution for strucking the phone

Sent from my SM-G906K using Tapatalk

41510Jayb

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung 7
i made an account so i can post, its 2017 and my phone started going into silent mode for no reason right aftr the last update, i've had my phone for about 2.5 years and all of a sudden this happens, smfh i am missing all my calls because this proble and its really starting to irritate the heck outta me, can someone please HELP, i also downloaded the sprint helpers and they cant seem to figure it out!!!! smfh

41510Jayb

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung 7
Argh! Why is there so much thoughtless design in the Phone world!

I missed countless calls and texts before noticing (on my Nexus 5X - hang your heads in shame Google) that the volume down button protrudes at the centre of the long side of the phone - right were the clamp stand on my desk wants to go to balance the phone! I do not know how the phone decides which volume these buttons control, but it seems to be the ringer rather than the alarm or the media, which both remain at 100% (or I'd have noticed before). All they had to do was recess the buttons slightly!

"Smartphones" really ought to be renamed "complicated phones". They get almost as difficult to work with as people!

i agree with you, my s7 has been like this for 2weeks and the sprint tech app cant help me with jack, they said that this is the firswt time they've heard of something like this, but i dont get it... how is it the first time they heard of this if this problem was happening way before smfh

41510Jayb

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung 7
Hii,
Thankyou for replying me back.
No it is not happening while the phone is in my pocket. It is happening when i am even using the phone or if i am texting someone just in the middle of texting my phone automatically goes on vibrate mode and yet it is showing that its on sound.

mine does it too... and its driving me crazy!

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I have seen similiar weirdness
When my Moto z2 phone is in priority mode it vibrates on calls previous phones of mine didn't. Can't find a way to shut it off. I also used to have a Samsung that always went silent after a while.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I have seen similiar weirdness
When my Moto z2 phone is in priority mode it vibrates on calls previous phones of mine didn't. Can't find a way to shut it off. I also used to have a Samsung that always went silent after a while.

Settings.... Sound... Turn off "also vibrate for calls"

Sent from my Moto Z (2)

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Settings.... Sound... Turn off "also vibrate for calls"

Sent from my Moto Z (2)
That setting is off and it only vibrates on calls in priority mode