Phone keeps changing to camera on it's own no matter what app im using...

DragonflyK44

Reaction score
HELP !! I have Motorola Droid. It keeps changing to the camera, no matter what I'm doing. Even if I'm just on the main screen. I have taken out battery, restarted it in safe mode, updated roaming, just in case that helped..... no change... anyone have any answers ???

iyedroid

Reaction score
I just began to experience the same issue last weekend. Sometimes the phone will work fine then all of a sudden the camera will open up. You can close it, but it just opens again. After closing it a bunch of times it will stop. At this point i'm unsure if it's a hardware issue or app related. I plan on taking a look at it this weekend before I seek a replacement.

rofii

Reaction score
bump

I'm having the same problem. Someone help please.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure what may be causing this particular issue. Things to check

If you installed a new app remove it
If you have a task killer installed remove it

If your issues resolves then begin re adding the apps one at a time and wait a day or so to see if the issue reoccurs.

Do not re add the task killer. The Android OS is designed to handle this task.

Verify that your camera button is not sticking or fouled in any way.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how the issue resolves.

Mike

iyedroid

Reaction score
I no longer have the problem. I did have task killer installed. I removed that along with some other apps. I recalibrated the compass, and blew the camera button with some air. I'm not sure what exactly fixed it but it's been working fine ever since. I've even reinstalled all the apps that I removed and couldn't recreate the problem.

tmax

Reaction score
This just happened to me today. I woke up and after I got ready, I unlocked my phone and it started opening the camera. It gave haptic feedback like I was pressing a button. I even tried once to switch to the gallery from the camera and return to home screen. Rather than just launching the camera app and returning to the gallery where I had left it, it launched the camera app in camera mode. I did try to fiddle with the camera button to make sure it wasn't stuck and to clean the screen to make sure it wasn't getting any unwanted input (even though I don't even have a launch icon anywhere on my home for the camera app). Definitely a weird bug and it seemed to resolve itself after about three hours.