Camera problems

drice72

Reaction score
I'm at a total loss on this. I have had my Droid for over a month now. Everything has worked fine so far until over the weekend. I was at a friends house helping them do some work. I went to take a pic and my camera will not open. I get a black screen and then a force close. My phone updated to the 2.1 release a couple weeks ago and everything worked fine. I had d/l'ed a few apps and used my camera with those apps with no problems at all. Beautiful crisp pics, just what I expect.

Here is what I have done so far:

Deleted EVERY third party app on my phone.
Booted into safe mode and tried to open the camera, still get the force close.
Powered down, removed the battery then re-start.
Powered down , removed the battery, held the power button for 30 sec (blackberry trick) then re-start.

None of this has worked. Is there anything else I can do. Nothing else on the phone is effected. Just my camera.

OP
D

drice72

Reaction score
I also wiped all user data from the phone. Called VZW tech. They are sending me a new phone. I'm still under warranty.

gatewayad

Reaction score
Have you tried
Settings>Privacy>Factory Reset
It seems like you have removed all 3rd party apps off and are awaiting a new phone might as well try and reset it back to like new and see if the camera works then. If it does its might have been one of the apps

OP
D

drice72

Reaction score
I had not tried that. I did try it tho just to see, It didn't work, thanks for the tip tho I appreciate it!

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Just a tiny thought. None of the Moto Droid phones will be out of warranty until at least November 6, 2010. hehehe. . . .