phone is super laggy and home screen doesnt work

needurgenthelp2341

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG tribute
2 weeks ago my phone was acting out, being super slow and laggy. I did a factory reset and boom the phone was working back to normal. Now, the same problem has occured so I thought I should just do another factory reset to fix the problem- only that did not work at all. After the factory reset the problem came back again along with a new problem, the home screen is just a black screen. I cant access the home screen, everytime I go home its just a black screen. My phone is also super slow again. I've done 4 factory resets, I left it alone for a while, took out batter and sim card, etc. Nothing has worked. The two problems are still there even after I do a factory reset. I have no freaking clue what to do and its f'ing with my brain. Is there anything I can do to fix these problems??? Factory reset doesn't do anything??

Last edited by a moderator:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Two things come to mind: 1. Cursing is not allowed here, the forum mods will probably correct that.
2. If the option of "Backup My Account" is checked before you do the FDR then the phone will redownload the same bad app, or bad setting that caused the problem. Try doing one more FDR, but do not log into the phone with your Google account, skip that step. Do not download any apps at all. See how the phone works with no Play Store apps and no Google Account settings. If all is good you can then make sure the Backup My Data option is not checked, add your Goggle account and start downloading apps one at a time and see how the phone works.

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Edited comment.
Please take a moment to review our forum rules & guidelines.

Let us know how @sajokaz 's suggestion works for you. Looks like he has you pointed in the right direction.
Good luck & welcome to the forum!

S5 tap'n

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Nope. Just messing with cr a little. Thanks for the edit @cr6. And welcome to the forum needurgenthelp2341. Hopefully you can get things running smoothly again.

OP
N

needurgenthelp2341

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG tribute
Two things come to mind: 1. Cursing is not allowed here, the forum mods will probably correct that.
2. If the option of "Backup My Account" is checked before you do the FDR then the phone will redownload the same bad app, or bad setting that caused the problem. Try doing one more FDR, but do not log into the phone with your Google account, skip that step. Do not download any apps at all. See how the phone works with no Play Store apps and no Google Account settings. If all is good you can then make sure the Backup My Data option is not checked, add your Goggle account and start downloading apps one at a time and see how the phone works.
Sadly, that did not work.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Is it just laggy and slow, or is your home screen still solid black?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
If its still doing all of that after a FDR, with no accounts and no apps at all, I'm not sure what you can do next other than repair or replacement.

What model phone? Do you have insurance, or is it under warranty?

OP
N

needurgenthelp2341

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG tribute
If its still doing all of that after a FDR, with no accounts and no apps at all, I'm not sure what you can do next other than repair or replacement.

What model phone? Do you have insurance, or is it under warranty?
LG Tribute- Dont know if it has Warranty. I got it 6 months ago at Target.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Maybe one of the other super knowledgeable members here will have another suggestion / idea. But based on what you have described and done to correct it, it sounds like some sort of hardware failure. I'm not sure what kind of warranty Target / LG provides on those phones, but maybe take it back to Target and find out what their warranty policy is? Many phones come with a 12 month warranty agaisnt hardware defects.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe one of the other super knowledgeable members here will have another suggestion / idea. But based on what you have described and done to correct it, it sounds like some sort of hardware failure. I'm not sure what kind of warranty Target / LG provides on those phones, but maybe take it back to Target and find out what their warranty policy is? Many phones come with a 12 month warranty agaisnt hardware defects.
I think Target is only 30 days and after that it becomes the carriers responsibility. Many pre paid phones only come with a 90 day manufacturers warranty
I'd suggest call the carrier and see if/what they'll do about it at this point.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><