PHONE.. I would like to USE it

humbuggy

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am new here. And thanks for providing this site.

I got my DROID Motorola two weeks ago and am ready to ditch it for an envy, blackberry or.. something else.

My problem is answering the phone. Why so complicated? The phone has the green icon indicating an incoming call (along with caller's name) but the two step process of answering is driving me nuts.

You have to touch the green phone icon with JUST the right amount of pressure, then SLIDE to open the call. Mess up on any tiny thing and I lose the call. All my other phones had a simple button to open the call or even just flip the phone open.

I just want to use my phone. Anyone else with this problem? Will a new phone help?

bamfsig45

Reaction score
What is this green button you speak of? I slide to answer, thats it.

carbonnoid

Reaction score
if you need to use the right amount of pressure something is wrong, i been drunk, sleeping, wide awake, lightly touching it, touching it with booze on my finger, full of sweat after jogging, hard touching it, etc, its really a one step process, someone calls, and you swipe left or right.

Big Lou

Reaction score
Yeah, sounds like you are either doing something wrong or you have hardware problems. I can answer without even looking at the screen.

Darkseider

Reaction score
Yeah, sounds like you are either doing something wrong or you have hardware problems. I can answer without even looking at the screen.

Same here. It is either a hardware problem or a user problem. Without being able to see or experience the problem you are having I can't say which.

Mule65

Reaction score
Did you peel off the plastic covering the touch screen? The LG Ally has a physical phone button that works without needing the finger slide to receive a call.

Droidfish

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum,

I guess the slide to answer is technically one more step than most phones use to answer a call(excluding smart phones) although I personally would still call it a one step process considering it consists of just a swipe, but thats just opinion.

But I've never had any of the issues that you describe regarding the amount of pressure applied or lost calls. That sounds like more of an isolated defect especially considering how great and responsive the droid's touchscreen is.

If the slide to unlock is your main issue and one that you just can't get used to then you might consider a different phone. That would definitely put you in the category of something like the envy. You won't find many new smartphones that offer what you want though, at least not any that are as capable as the droid.

Darksaga

Reaction score
My problem is answering the phone. Why so complicated? The phone has the green icon indicating an incoming call (along with caller's name) but the two step process of answering is driving me nuts.

You can always try an application to skip the lock screen.

Just do a search for mylock in the market.

bamfsig45

Reaction score
On an incoming call there shouldnt be a lock screen, just a slide to answer. Unless Im missing a setting of some sort.

Darksaga

Reaction score
I think he is looking for a "push this or any button to answer" solution rather than the default "slide to answer."

OP
humbuggy

humbuggy

Reaction score
I am amazed and disheartened I seem to be the only one with this problem. Thanks to those who responded with actionable suggestions.. I would KILL to open a call with wet fingers, semi conscious, or without looking at the screen. That would be sweet.

I forgot to mention all other aps work fine: contacts, GOOGLE, Facebook, etc.So I don't have a deathtouch.

oh well I am visiting the VERIZON guy Friday.. get some tips.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Your not the only one that has had this problem for the first few days of woning the device. You will get used to it.....

OP
humbuggy

humbuggy

Reaction score
Your not the only one that has had this problem for the first few days of woning the device. You will get used to it.....
thanks for that. I think that may be the case. I just probably need to play with it more.

No Dark Saga..I am not looking for anything other than a sure way to answer phone calls.if the push/swipe works for me than I would embrace it.

Darkseider

Reaction score
thanks for that. I think that may be the case. I just probably need to play with it more.

No Dark Saga..I am not looking for anything other than a sure way to answer phone calls.if the push/swipe works for me than I would embrace it.

Push/Swipe? See that's the part that is confusing me... Where is the push? Just run your finger across the screen. No need to push and then swipe. Just... swipe.

V

verian

Yea your not alone on this one. I still get that problem if I'm in a hurry to answer . But its kinda like training to be a ninja, with the right amount of focus and determination you'll be doing blindfolded in no time. I couldn't imagine going backwards to a blackberry, Droids rule!