Phone Holder for DROID by Motorola

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
motorola-droid-holder-gps.png

Phone Holder for Droid by Motorola Attaches to your windshield or dash and lets you position your handset for easy access and viewing. Great when using your phone's navigation and map application. Quick attach and release + includes a rapid car charger.

Pricing has not been released at this time

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
it is beautiful. i believe this is the one that will have a magnet in it somewhere to trip the
"car mode" setting.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think alot of the accessories like this and the desktop station, and more to come will have the magnets to where it's activated upon docking with that piece of equipment. which i'm sorry to say i think is kinda genius.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
it works well for blackberrys (blackberries? firefox doesn't like pluralization of proper nouns..), so why not? i like the idea too.

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Price has been set to $29.99. So for $30 and owning the Droid phone you have a state of the art killer NAV system..... AWESOME!

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sold. this and the desktop thingy will likely be the only accessories i will need. so for $60 extra, i'll be set.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i'm just not sure about this one. I really want to play with it, but i don't know how many times i would put my phone in there.. depends on how it all comes together.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i have always MADE some sort of mounting platform/cradle for my phones to use in my car. mostly because i like i made stuff, but i'm afraid to cut into the pretty face of my current car... i don't want to hurt Bailey. anyway, this will be nice, reversible, sturdy and have the magnet function. perfect for me, especially the reversible part..

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
know what i wanna see? a big effing belt buckle holster. like the tunebuckle for the ipods, but huge for the droid. i'd totally buy one.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd like to see a picture of you sam with that belt buckle with the droid there. It's how all the single guys will pick up the ladies.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
that thing would have to be a beast, right?? i'd rock it though. the belt buckle i have on right now is about the size of the storm... but no, i don't even own cowboy boots, its an old civil war (or something) buckle i think. it was my great grandfather's. anyway, i might bake a kydex holster backing for it and plant it on some buckle so i can wear it around...

i'll play a video on it while i'm wearing it too, don't think i wont. :D

Zippster

Reaction score
Definitely gonna grab one of these, wife gets the magellan. :p The night stand charger looks like a must have too. Clock/alarm.

MakisupaVT

Reaction score
I have a system from ProClip (ProClip Mounting System - Device Holders and Dashboard Vehicle Mounts) in my GTI. It clips onto the dash on the other side of the console between the radio and the glove box. I bought the "adjustable" clip for the iPod and it can adjust from about 2.3" to 3" or so wide. If the navigation software works OK in portrait mode, I see no reason to buy the snazzy for-Droid holder. Plus the adjustability gives the system a whole new bit of usability. Who knows how much I'll use my iPod or iPod touch after I get the Droid.. but they're closer in dimensions to the Droid then they are my Samsung Saga-- so even less adjustments would need to be made to interchange all the devices.