Phone got wet Can't connect to network now

wyzzerdd

Reaction score
I got my phone wet a few days ago and now I can't connect to a cell network to make a call. When I try to call someone the call ends as soon as it tries to connect. Also I can't connect to the internet unless I'm on wifi. I tried wiping and flashing the latest TazzFroyo but it still doesn't work. I think the charge port is messed up too because it wont charge or connect to my PC, I have to charge my battery with a external battery charger that doesn't require the phone you just plug the battery into it. Any ideas?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
If your phone got wet and you can't do anything like that then it's a hardware issue and not a software issue. Contact the insurance company as Verizon will not take any phone that got wet back for any reason.

OP
wyzzerdd

wyzzerdd

Reaction score
Its been 10 months since I got it so I didn't think i'd be able to get anything from verizon or HTC, I was hoping there was something I can do otherwise.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Do you have the Verizon insurance on your line? Or a SquareTrade insurance or anything like that? If not, there's nothing software you can do to correct a hardware fault. Sorry.

OP
wyzzerdd

wyzzerdd

Reaction score
Nope no insurance :( Are you sure theres not something software I can do? I don't understand why wifi works but nothing else.

OP
wyzzerdd

wyzzerdd

Reaction score
Where is the sticker located?the only one I see is by the bottom by the charge port. Its very small and red with crisscross lines.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
I'm not sure on the Eris, but on the Droid it was under the backplate near the battery. The sticker on my Droid is white with a red x showing and if it gets wet that turns entirely red.

OP
wyzzerdd

wyzzerdd

Reaction score
Here's what I have

Attachments

• IMG_4538.JPG
    IMG_4538.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 429