Phone function apperars to be frozen

Crockett

Reaction score
I've got the original Droid with Andriod version 2.2.1 and my phone function appears to be frozen.

When I press the phone icon, a screen comes up that allows me to choose:
1 - use touch tone keypad
2 - Return to call in process
3 - add call

Across the top of the screen I can access "Call Log", "Contacts" and "Favorites".

When I choose #1- "use touch tone keypad", the keypad comes up and looks normal except that the last two complete phone numbers are at the top of the screen, as if the previous number wasn't finished dialing when I dialed the second number. In all there were 20 consecutive numbers along the top of the screen -- before I started messing with it, in the effort to find out what is wrong. I can add more consecutive numbers but I can't erase them.

When I press "End" to end the call, nothing happens and of course I can't make a call. Of course I also can't access the internet and I can access the Gallery but it comes up very slowly.

How do I fix this?

Thanks,
Crockett

OP
C

Crockett

Reaction score
Fixed

Since I didn't receive any replies, I researched other phone issues on this forum. Even though the issues were different, some of them were fixed by removing the battery, then relplacing it for a complete reboot. Just on the off chance it might work, I tried that and it did work.

So, that will be in my bag of tricks for any future issues.

Crockett