Screen goes blank when talking on phone

dave213

Reaction score
When talking on my Droid the screen goes black and the only way to get the screen to come back on is to pull out the manual keypad. I have sceenbl installed and that works great, its just when I dial a number and start talking the screen goes blank, pushing the power button does not even get the screen back. This is very annoying esp when I need to use the touchscreen keypad for something. Is there anything I can do to fix this or is this just a bug? Thanks

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When talking on my Droid the screen goes black and the only way to get the screen to come back on is to pull out the manual keypad. I have sceenbl installed and that works great, its just when I dial a number and start talking the screen goes blank, pushing the power button does not even get the screen back. This is very annoying esp when I need to use the touchscreen keypad for something. Is there anything I can do to fix this or is this just a bug? Thanks

There is a proximity sensor on your phone and it's suppose to go black when you cover that sensor. It should however reappear when you pull it away from your face. It may take a second or so but it should come back on then you select dial pad.

OP
D

dave213

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply but the phone doesnt come back on at all. I have to pull out the keypad to get it back on.

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
Download a free app called Screebl on the market... it fixes the issue....

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
Screebl should be taking care of the issue since you have it installed, verify your settings in the app maybe?

tommyz

Reaction score
Screebl should be taking care of the issue since you have it installed, verify your settings in the app maybe?

What are the correct settings in Screebl? After a phone call is done is seems like the screen comes on for a fraction of a second then goes blank. Not always enough time to hit the END button.

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
Unsure, I dont use it anymore, and I didn't dive into it enough to really get a handle on it. I think the real issue here is why your power buttons not turning the screen back on and you have to slide to wake it. Are you using any other apps, like say mylock?