My Moto Droid touch screen disconnects phone calls

JoDroid

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced this:

While I am on the phone, the dial pad is on the screen and the touch screen, being so sensitive, presses on the keypad which interrupts or disconnects my phone calls.

Tried holding the phone away from my face but then I can't really hear the phone call. If I am in a place where I can use the speakerphone everything is fine.... but I can't always use the speaker phone :frown:

smn

Reaction score
I have the same issue - does no one have an answer for this?

When I'm on the phone I see the screen go black as I put it to my ear... then after a minute I hear the phone click - it's the screen being "touched" by my ear or hair... and then the other person can't hear me anymore. I have to take the phone away from my face, get the touch screen to turn back on, and then back up to the phone app - and sometimes the other person has given up and hung up by then.

The other issue I've had is that there are times I pull the phone down from my ear to hang up - and the touch screen turns on for a split second and then goes black again.... I lift it to my ear and put it down again trying to get it to signal the touch screen so I can hang up - but again it turns on and off so quick I can't end the call. SO frustrating.

Is there some way to get the touch screen to be less sensitive and to NOT turn on when it's next to my ear? And is there some way to get the screen to turn back ON during a call when it's not on my ear???