Phone Calls Disconnecting

Mamaperk

Reaction score
tats, are you saying you pressed 1 to program your phone ... and then when that was finished, called back and pressed 2 to update your roaming? And this helped with the disconnect issues?

Mamaperk

Reaction score
I just received a voicemail from VZW and there is not an update on the horizon for this fix ... so I assume nothing will be done until they hear enough complaints to warrant an update or upgrade or fix. I guess it's just not a priority to Moto/Google/Verizon ... ugh!

Motorola said they would pass the feedback along blah blah blah ... not sure how far that will get us.

I'm still trying to find a 'work-around' for this ... covering the sensor with my 'unique skin' doesn't seem to be helping ... I wonder if a developer would be able to come up with an app for this issue ... maybe something where we had to press the power button to blacken the screen and then press again to bring it back if we need to press the dial pad buttons. Hmmm... if only I was a cool developer... LOL!

paperrhino

Reaction score
App to lock screen when a call connects

My wife was having a similar problem. I started looking into what it would take for me to write an app to address this problem and during my research I found an app called Screen Suite. It is an iPhone lock screen clone but it has an option to lock the screen when a call connects. It has solved the problem for her.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
This might be slightly off topic but I've been talking on the phone with my gf a few times and my face will move far enough away from the screen that it will likely come back on and the mute button gets pressed. Next thing I know she's like, "Hey....hey! Hello?" and I keep going "Yeah...yeah! What?!" and then she hangs up and calls back. This happened three times or so until I finally caught onto it. The sensor is cool and all but I wish you could simply turn the screen off so that it wouldn't come back on until you pressed the power button. Of course if you use an earpiece on your lengthier conversations, or live alone and thus use speakerphone, this isn't really a big deal.

RG34

Reaction score
I had a Droid a couple weeks ago and this was one of the reasons I returned it. I was on phone #2 and it still kept doing the same thing.. number beeping, hanging up, muting calls. I liked the phone alot, right now I'm holding out for the Nexus One. I'm hoping I dont run into the same problem with it. :mellow:

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one this is happening to. :icon_eek: