Phone Calls Disconnecting

CarronSue

Reaction score
When I am on the phone talking, I hear a beep..then another beep....then the phone disconnects...it is like I am hitting the keypad with my ear or chin??? can you help?

pepper3778

Reaction score
Droid Hangs Up During Call

I have the same problem. In the middle of the call the keypad is activated or the mute or speaker keys are activated. Either the phone mutes, goes to speaker, keypad starts beeping or the phone turns off. It is as if I am acitivating one of the unseen keys. I know the phone is dark but the keys still seem too sensitive. I tried moving the phone away from my face but it has still hung up on people several times. I returned one phone and got a replacement and it is still happening.

OP
C

CarronSue

Reaction score
Phone Calls Disconnecting - in the Pending Submissions

Glad it is just not me...Anyone have a solution?

soccer126

Reaction score
I also have this problem. I've only started having this problem in the past 2 weeks. Could it be after the update they were supposed to have pushed out ?

cherie622

Reaction score
I have had this problem too. I cannot figure it out. I am calling Verizon today to see what they tell me.

OP
C

CarronSue

Reaction score
DOID hanging up in middle of call

I just spoke with Verizon...appartently they are aware of the problem and are going to issue a maintenance release (software update) on or around January 22nd...so, we just have to deal for a few more weeks..

droiddollll

Reaction score
If you have long hair, make sure it is not between you and the phone. The phone should be directly touching your face & ear. The sensor doesn't work with hair in the way.

soccer126

Reaction score
CarronSue, thanks for the update! Let's cross our fingers that it works!

Mamaperk

Reaction score
Oh I REALLY hope they release a software fix for this issue ... I've replaced two Droids now for this problem... the second phone, while on the phone with VZW for a billing question, it happened a few times and the guy said it sounded like I was cheek dialing ... he put me in touch with tech support who asked around and had not heard of the issue so they sent me third phone ... it's doing the same thing. I haven't even bothered to call and complain about the third phone because the last person I spoke with said if this phone had the same problem, it may just be the way the phone works and we would need to consider getting me a different phone ...

I have spent a lot of time online researching to see if anyone had ideas ... lots of other threads discussing this problem...

Dropped calls with long hair?
https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/101323
http://androidforums.com/support-tro...hile-call.html
https://supportforums.motorola.com/m...C1CBEFCE.node0
https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/19258
https://supportforums.motorola.com/t...rt=15&tstart=0
Voice Drops During Calls
Hit control buttons during phone calls

kaila88

Reaction score
Sometimes when I'm on the phone with someone, in the middle of the call it would make a busy signal or disconnect. Wierd.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just spoke with Verizon...appartently they are aware of the problem and are going to issue a maintenance release (software update) on or around January 22nd...so, we just have to deal for a few more weeks..

Could this software update CarronSue speaks of be 2.1? This bug fix may be bundled with the new firmware...

xjman349

Reaction score
If it was 2.1 there would have been more information leaked at VZW. When the released is planned you will be the first to know. This update on Jan 22 will be another minor update.

tats_06

Reaction score
I spoke with Live chat motorola support about the same issue and here is the copy:

Here is the copy of my Live support chat:

Valeria: Hi, my name is Valeria. How may I help you?
Me: Hello
Me: I have a motorola droid and just wanted to see if you are aware of a call issue
Me: When I dial a number to call, press send and bring phone to ear...the bottom buttons (back, menu, home and search) light up and whole screen comes back on...and this ends the call.
Me: at first the screen dims, but then above happens
Me: Will there be a fix for this? I have lost many important call because of this.
Valeria: It seems to be that the prioximity sensor is not working properly.
Valeria: *proximity
Valeria: Have you tried to remove the battery from the phone?
Me: I have rebooted the phone a few times. Once I reboot it, it works fine for a little, then the bug comes back. I have researched and seen many people with same issue.
Me: or I should say, the battery pull/restart is the only temporary fix, unless I use speakerphone. But in most cases it's a confidentiality thing.
Me: so I need to use my phone properly.
Valeria: Motorola stands behind our products by offering a one-year warranty issued from the date of purchase. This warranty does not cover physical or liquid damage and is applicable to all the phones that were manufactured for the US market.
Valeria: You may prefer to check with your carrier for insurance, replacement or exchange programs available with your plan or monthly fee. You may also send the unit directly to Motorola where our technicians will make any necessary repair to ensure a properly functioning unit. Our turnaround time at our National Service Center is 5-7 business days since we receive the unit at our facility. If the phone is determined to have suffered physical or liquid damage, it will be shipped back to you unrepaired.

Me: Is this a software issue or hardware? I have heard many reports of this. If it's software (ie OS code, etc), then a software update would most likely take care of it.
Me: If it's hardware and many people have the same issue, then it's pointless to replace the phone, as all of them will have it. (they were from mass production, correct?)
Me: In case that it's hardware, motorola needs to redo the handsets???
Valeria: Please note that this issue is handled like a problem with the phone. The option from Motorola is to offer a free repair since it's covered under warranty.
Me: But what my point is, if it's a know software issue, then may be it has already been taken care of with the Android update that may come?
Me: Instead of me going thru hassle of replacement and Me: you know what I mean?
Valeria: No, I'm sorry. The update do not solve this issue.
Valeria: The device will be examined by a technician and will be repaired. It won't be replaced.
Valeria: This is the only option available from Motorola.
Me: Ok. What is my option? Will I be without a device?
Me: Should I send it to motorola or go to vzw?
Me: I am sure vzw will offer a replacement and that is not what I would prefer.
Me: I love the phone and just want it to work.
Me: :)
Valeria: The option from Motorola, as I explained previously, would be to send it to be repaired. I can send you the instuctions via email.
Valeria: Motorola do not offer loaner phones, I recommend you to check with your carrier for this.
Me: Ok, let me call vzw and find out what I should do. As far as instructions, yes, please send them to [email protected]. Thank you for your assistance.
Me: Do you know if the newer units (like the 2nd/3rd batch) have same issue?
Valeria: This is not considered as a "known issue", so the newest phones shouldn't have this issue as you have.
Me: Ok. Thank you. Again, please don't forget to send support info to my email.
Valeria: No, I won't.
Valeria: If you need any more information get in touch. Thanks from Motorola, bye!
Me: Have a great day.

So, all I can say is DARN!!! :mad: