Phone dialer apps freezing not responding

SCREWd2V

Reaction score
Running Droid raxr maxx with .215 leak

Been having problems with my dialer app (dialer one) freezing up while dialing, cleared cache and uninstalled and reinstalled. Still same problem, so I downloaded 3 different dialer Apps and still have the same issue. The stock ics dialer works fine, but I don't really care for it. Any suggestions? Thanks

Sent from my phone that has no eye

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Running Droid raxr maxx with .215 leak

Been having problems with my dialer app (dialer one) freezing up while dialing, cleared cache and uninstalled and reinstalled. Still same problem, so I downloaded 3 different dialer Apps and still have the same issue. The stock ics dialer works fine, but I don't really care for it. Any suggestions? Thanks

Our phones are a pretty complicated pieces of electronics and whether we want to accept it or not there are some functions that are not designed (on purpose or by chance) to work with 3rd party apps. I don't know for sure, but the dial function maybe one of them. Look on the positive side...your stock dialer works correctly...maybe that's the best you can hope for right now:biggrin:

OP
SCREWd2V

SCREWd2V

Reaction score
Our phones are a pretty complicated pieces of electronics and whether we want to accept it or not there are some functions that are not designed (on purpose or by chance) to work with 3rd party apps. I don't know for sure, but the dial function maybe one of them. Look on the positive side...your stock dialer works correctly...maybe that's the best you can hope for right now:biggrin:

True, at least my pooch isn't totally screwed LOL

Has anyone had any issues with dialer apps likes this? I think why it boggs down is because its searching through my contacts...

mcinvaille

Reaction score
I noticed the exact same issue with dialer one as well. The funny is that nothing really changed but it just starting doing this out of the blue

Nexus 7 supplied...

OP
SCREWd2V

SCREWd2V

Reaction score
I noticed the exact same issue with dialer one as well. The funny is that nothing really changed but it just starting doing this out of the blue

Nexus 7 supplied...

Ya same here... and I'm not receiving any calendar notifications any more as well unless I use the stock phone reminder not my Gmail account. Ive had some apps frozen for some time now, think I'm going to unfreeze and try to diagnose from there.... but its looking like I might have to do the dreaded factory reset to overcome my issues.