Dialer Freezing

praeceps

Reaction score
Well, I'n not sure how to aggravate the problem back, but TWICE after having the Motorola Droid for two days the dialer froze. Not the phone... it'd let you TRY to call someone... dial their number then hit send... then it locks up. The home button brings you out, but the back button does nothing. It eventually kills the "Activity Dialer." It's fixed itself from this twice from this. It's currently working without fail. I tried making things work by uninstalling various things, killing apps and processes, as well as numerous reboots. I even tried to freeze it thinking it might be overheated... both times it's just fixed itself out of nowhere. Anybody have this problem too or know something about it I don't?

kuru

Reaction score
Same Issue

I am seeing exactly the same issue, but it wont go away. Please help

OP
praeceps

praeceps

Reaction score
a couple of fixes

I'm back... I got it fixed. Alright, you're first solution is to go to a Verizon store and have your firmware wiped... don't worry, your entire configuration, including downloaded apps and homescreens, are synced with your gmail login. Unless you're like me and downloaded 200 apps in a day... then it WILL clog... BUT, if you go to the market and click the menu button and hit fownloads, it'll give you a list of the things you downloaded before. However, if you do this, once you quit the market, the list resets, so stay there until everything's downloaded. Second solution: get your friend that has a Droid and have him using an app manager of some kind backup his dialer program. Now, you install the same app and transfer his downloads and install it... I didn't get chance to try this, but it should more than theoretically work. Finally, onxe your Droid is fixed, maintain a backup with such a program of things like your dialer and contacts ans so forth to help in case this happens again. Regardless, I hope this helped, and good luck to all.

On a different subject, would anyone be interested in an app that let's you develop for Android while on an Android system? You know, the whole nine yards... and GUI developer, a compiloer, and sandbox and so on... does anyone think that there's a market for this?