Dialer problem

Morkai Almandragon

Reaction score
Typically there are two parts to the dialer, the one you see when you dial a number, and one during a call. In all other versions of android I have run, when you leave the in call dialer to do something, then want to come back, you could click the phone button and you would return to the in call dialer.

This worked with stock, and with dialer one.

On this rom however if you make a call, try calling voicemail for example, then hit home to look at your calendar, when you hit the phone button again, you will be at the first dialer.

I also distinctly remember if you went to add a shortcut, you could use the "shortcut" option, not the applications option, and there would be a dialer. This is no longer there.

Lastly, is there any way to get the home key double tap function back in this rom? It is useful for linking to the dialer as well:)

Manigma77

Reaction score
Typically there are two parts to the dialer, the one you see when you dial a number, and one during a call. In all other versions of android I have run, when you leave the in call dialer to do something, then want to come back, you could click the phone button and you would return to the in call dialer.

This worked with stock, and with dialer one.

On this rom however if you make a call, try calling voicemail for example, then hit home to look at your calendar, when you hit the phone button again, you will be at the first dialer.

I also distinctly remember if you went to add a shortcut, you could use the "shortcut" option, not the applications option, and there would be a dialer. This is no longer there.

Lastly, is there any way to get the home key double tap function back in this rom? It is useful for linking to the dialer as well:)

I just tried Homesmack for your last question and it does work. Just download the homesmack app from the market and go to the tab with the moto m on it then set phone as default for double tap home button. It works. I will look into the others. I am on liberty 1.5.

EDIT: Just tried making a call then going back to homescreen then when I clicked on the dialer shortcut I have on my homescreen, it DID give me the option to "return to call in progress". I also went to homescreen while in call and then double clicked the homebutton (after setting it up with homesmack) and it also gave me the option to "return to call in progress"

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

kkinderen

Reaction score

If you pull down the status bar you will see your existing call listed. Tap that and you're back to your call. I like the way you describe much better but at least you can still get to your ongoing call.

OP
M

Morkai Almandragon

Reaction score
I had actually tried homesmack myself before posting here lol. After reading what you said I downloaded it again, and rebooted this time, and sure enough, it works, thanks for that:)

as for the dialer, I have it figured out somewhat. If an application has a phone shortcut, it works as I stated previously. IE if you install go launcher and use the default phone shortcut, it will always take you to the dial pad, even if your in a call. Widget locker also will do this if you try to use the custom unlock to phone option. If instead you choose a custom application to unlock to, and set it to phone, it works as you say.

It seems to me there may be a basic android api setting that was missed maybe?

MrAreCool

Reaction score
This is another dialer question... (perhaps I should have started a different thread)

I just rooted my Droid X and installed the Liberty ROM and I was surprised at how much I am used to the dialer searching through my contacts as I dial a number or use the number keypad to enter a contact's name (I hope that makes sense...). Is there a way to enable that feature on the Liberty ROM's dialer?

Thanks!

OP
M

Morkai Almandragon

Reaction score
In most cases Dialer 1 would be the answer to your problem, however due to the issue I am describing you would not be able to use it well.

jsaffer

Reaction score
Turning Off Audible Tones When Dialing

With the Liberty ROM dialer, is there a way to turn off the audible tones that sound when you press the dialer to make a call? I can't seem to figure out how to do that.

Thanks,
Jason

MrAreCool

Reaction score
With the Liberty ROM dialer, is there a way to turn off the audible tones that sound when you press the dialer to make a call? I can't seem to figure out how to do that.

Thanks,
Jason

You can turn down the volume when you have the dialer open, but like you, I do not see a way to enable/disable audible tones... Perhaps you could set up Tasker to turn down the Media volume when the dialer is open??

jsaffer

Reaction score
I found the fix in Settings:

Settings/Sound/deselect Audible touch tones

MrAreCool

Reaction score
Didn't think to look in the Sound settings... That would have made too much sense!!

Thanks for passing that on.