Phone crashes during phone call

saobi

Reaction score
Happened several times. I'm in the middle of a phone call, and suddenly hears nothing, then I look at the screen, it's showing the Motorola logo, apparently restarted by itself. After restart, the call was not even in the log.

This is a serious issue. Randomly system restarts suggests to me that the Android OS itself is unstable. I imagine this is probably caused by a rogue third party application in the background. But what surprises me is that why there are no steps taken to prevent third party apps from accessing certain spaces in the memory that may bring down the OS. The phone restarting is serious enough of an issue, let alone restarting in the middle of a call.

Does this suggest that perhaps there's value in limiting multitasking, or at least clearly defining what third party apps are allowed/not allowed to do to the OS?

I see this problem as a show-stopper. Does the iphone suffer the same problem?

Last edited:

aldaudio

Reaction score
all apps inform you of what they have access to before install....

that being said, ive had my phone crash during calls, but not to the extent of restarting the whole phone. ive just had a locked screen and random muting.

OP
S

saobi

Reaction score
Are you rooted? Wipe data and re-install the Rom...

Yes, I'm rooted, but no custom ROM installed. I rooted and installed the P3Droid Kernel and overclocked to 1Ghz.