Can I disable my phone call functionality while using Skype?

cuknight

Reaction score
Hello,

Hoping someone can help me with a pretty basic question. Is there any way that I can disable phone calls while I am using Skype for video calling? I tried searching for ways to disable the phone, and most of the suggestions involve airplane mode (which obviously does no good if I need a wireless connection to run Skype). The issue that I keep having is that if I receive an incoming phone call, it creates problems with my active Skype session (screen blacks out, picture is lost, etc.). My phone rings a lot for work purposes and this is obviously problematic if I have to restart Skype every time I get a phone call in order to restore my video connection.

Appreciate any help I can get - thank you!

OP
C

cuknight

Reaction score
Hello,

Hoping someone can help me with a pretty basic question. Is there any way that I can disable phone calls while I am using Skype for video calling? I tried searching for ways to disable the phone, and most of the suggestions involve airplane mode (which obviously does no good if I need a wireless connection to run Skype). The issue that I keep having is that if I receive an incoming phone call, it creates problems with my active Skype session (screen blacks out, picture is lost, etc.). My phone rings a lot for work purposes and this is obviously problematic if I have to restart Skype every time I get a phone call in order to restore my video connection.

OP
C

cuknight

Reaction score
If you're skyping via wifi just put the phone in airplane mode

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Thanks - I'm not skyping via wifi - should have made that clear. 4G is actually faster than some of the wifis I have access to according to the speedtest app.

SallyC

Reaction score
FYI - after putting it in Airplane mode you will need to manually turn wifi back on.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Hello,

Two options:

• Use Call Forwarding to re-route calls originally intended for your cell phone to another number, such as your office voicemail. This way, the incoming calls can still leave a message and you can return the calls later. Turn on Call Forwarding prior to starting a Skype session, DON'T FORGET to turn it back off afterwards.
How to Get It

Call Forwarding is an included feature that is typically added to your account when you first activate service. If you wish to confirm you have this feature, sign in to My Verizon and select "My Plan" and then select "Add/change features".

How to Use It

To Activate:

1. Press *72.​
  2. Enter the phone number where you want calls to be forwarded. (e.g. *72-908-123-4567).​
  3. Press SEND and wait for confirmation. You should hear a confirmation tone or a message.​
  4. Press END.​
To Deactivate:

1. Press *73.​
  2. Press SEND and wait for confirmation. You should hear a confirmation tone or a message.​
  3. Press END.

• Download and install Mr. Number call blocker. Follow the highlighted texts below and accomplish the same as above. FREE! Block Unwanted Calls and Texts. Most powerful call blocker on the market. Block texts and calls from a person, a business, a prefix, or the world. Pick up and hang up on some callers and send others to voicemail - you decide. Keep the content of blocked texts or trash them.
Good luck! :biggrin:

Last edited: