Can you disable phone calls during google navigation?

mikenilson

Reaction score
When using VZ navigator on my old phone I would hate it when I would get a call while navigating. It changes to a different screen, forces me to grab my phone and fumble with buttons while driving (not safe). As far as I new there was no way to disable phone calls with VZ Navigator. I have not gotten a call on my Droid yet while navigating, so I do not know what to expect. Anyone have any experience with this? Can I disable incoming calls during navigation? Is there an app for that?

mitchb2

Reaction score
I'd also like to disable, at the very least, text messages popping up during navigation.
Seems like a no-brainer, doesn't it?

wsbsteven

Reaction score
A "dirty" way of doing it is to set the phone to evdo only by dialing *#*#INFO#*#* which will stop all 1xRTT traffic including voice and text.

OP
mikenilson

mikenilson

Reaction score
A "dirty" way of doing it is to set the phone to evdo only by dialing *#*#INFO#*#* which will stop all 1xRTT traffic including voice and text.

Couldn't that possibly disable navigation also? Sometimes when there is not a strong 3g signal the phones uses 1xrtt instead?

billyidle

Reaction score
You can still navigate while on the phone, just as long as you stay on the course.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
If you get a call while navigating, the call comes through. Phone screen overrides Nav screen to answer. Once answered Nav screen comes back. If you approach a turn while still on the phone the Nav voice yaks in your ear and make it impossible to understand the Nav voice or the conversation.

I want to receive calls while on Nav (opposite of what I understand Op wants) as my phone is a business phone. I want Nav voice to stop during a call. One app could/should allow settings to go either way, but an app does not currently exist.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Couldn't that possibly disable navigation also? Sometimes when there is not a strong 3g signal the phones uses 1xrtt instead?

Don't know how it would work for sure with navigating but this makes sense to me. Since you can still access data and the internet with 1x I can't imagine any reason navigation would be different.

DannyLeigh

Reaction score
If you download Tasker (it's a paid-for scripting app) you can set a profile as follows

Condition:
Phone Ringing
Navigation

Action:
End Call

Activating this profile will cause the phone to hang up ifa call is received while you are in maps. Navigation is interrupted for a couple of moments but it's quick enough to be useful. It also hangs up if i'm in maps (eg for walking or public transport directions) which is not ideal, but i'm looking at ways to fix that. You can probably set it up to do the inverse as well; quit Navigate when a call is received. but that's not what I want to do so you're on your own to work it out.