Froyo+BT voiecedial+Navigation..

the3dolla

Reaction score
With Froyo comes bluetooth voicedial. I have a Chevy Equinox with bluetooth and promptly tried this. It worked! I could initiate a call via my steering wheel.

1. I started to play some music with the music player, then initiated a voice call, it worked, I ended the call with the steering wheel or through the phone and it went to the call log screen, but did start playing music. So, I assume that is good. Was there a way for an ended call to not go to the call log?

2. Number 1 is the success story; here is a bug.. maybe?
I started up a navigation and it spoke to me telling me when to turn, etc. I then initiated a btvd call and ended it through my steering wheel or end call on the phone. It then went to the call log instead of Navigation, crap. Well, you can hit the back button to get back to navigation but no turn by turn voice prompts come up. I made sure it wasn't muted, it wasn't.

I've need had this trouble before when taking calls and using navigation.
Yea, I know this is a test build, so perhaps it will be fixed.

Can anyone confirm this?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a Chevy Equinox with bluetooth and promptly tried this. It worked! I could initiate a call via my steering wheel.
Seems like it's not the best test. Did it not work before Froyo?

I mean, for example, I can initiate calls from my Nissan Rogue's BT system and I'm on 2.1. Many BT systems in cars have built-in voice dialing.

Taegost

Reaction score
I have a Chevy Equinox with bluetooth and promptly tried this. It worked! I could initiate a call via my steering wheel.
Seems like it's not the best test. Did it not work before Froyo?

I mean, for example, I can initiate calls from my Nissan Rogue's BT system and I'm on 2.1. Many BT systems in cars have built-in voice dialing.

It only worked prior to 2.2 if the bluetooth device was the one that did the voice dialing, because it would create a copy of the list on the device itself. But for the ones that don't do that (like my headset), it relies on the OS, and that feature didn't work until 2.2.

OP
T

the3dolla

Reaction score
hmm

Not call log is interesting, but I want it to go back to what was there last. I don't want it to start Navigation every time I end a call.

And to the above, yes it didn't work until this. However, I'm updating to the froyo 2 leak, so we'll see if the navigation is fixed meaning it will continue to give me turn by turn after a btvd call.

Kvalte

Reaction score
Sweet it works but why doesnt my music play through it? I just tested it on my friemds samsung. Im jealous haha