Very Awesome Droid Feature

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Very neat, going to have to get this set up so I can always have pandora running in the car.

peterjariel

Reaction score
I have a 7" screen in my car stereo and I always connect my droid to it so I can listen to my music but it will be the ultimate feature if I was able to see my phone screen in my tv/car stereo screen. Man that's would be siiiiiick!!!

mikespe

Reaction score
For those who want to do this but don't have an aux input. I have a 2000 Audi which doesn't have an aux input but found this vendor on ebay who sold aux adapters for factory stereos. Bought one and it works awesome. Here is the link to his store. eBay Store - Integration Solutions: Happy Hands Free Talking!:icon_ banana:
I purchased something similar from another seller a few months ago. It works GREAT! I bought it for my Sirius radio but have alternated with my iPod and now Droid. Very easy to install (need some mechanical skills) and it sounds SOOO much better than the FM modulator adapters...

wil318466

Reaction score
I have hot and cold experiences with the hands free. If I'm not driving fast, people can hear me fine. If I'm doing 80 MPH, they say I'm in a wind tunnel. My car is 10 years old so it isn't as quiet as a new lexus (they are super quiet) so I understand. Plus, with the heat on, there is a lot of background noise in the car.

But, when I'm just driving down city streets people can hear me fine.

-Wil

arty2hottie

Reaction score
hey guys love this thread. Im getting really excited to be able to use my droid through the speakers. Just wondering if this will work with the droid like you guys have been talking about. Amazon.com: USA Spec iPod® Interface Connects your iPod to select 1998-up Toyota, Scion, Lexus, Honda, and Isuzu factory radios: Electronics
I have a tacoma so this seems like it will be pretty easy to install. Just want to make sure the droid will work like you guys describe with this before I buy it.
http://www.amazon.com/USA-Spec-Interface-Connects-1998-up/dp/B000NVCJMS

arty2hottie

Reaction score
Anyone else install an auxiliary input for their car so they can listen to their droid through their car speakers?

acturbo

Reaction score
For those who want to do this but don't have an aux input. I have a 2000 Audi which doesn't have an aux input but found this vendor on ebay who sold aux adapters for factory stereos. Bought one and it works awesome. Here is the link to his store. eBay Store - Integration Solutions: Happy Hands Free Talking!:icon_ banana:
I purchased something similar from another seller a few months ago. It works GREAT! I bought it for my Sirius radio but have alternated with my iPod and now Droid. Very easy to install (need some mechanical skills) and it sounds SOOO much better than the FM modulator adapters...

Big Difference between an FM Modulator and an FM Transmitter. What you are thinking of is an FM Transmitter. The link to the item on Ebay looks an awful lot like an FM Modulator as well. For a lot less money than that guy on eBay you could purchase something like this which would work just as well for way less:
Amazon.com: Scosche FM-MOD02 FM Modulator for iPod, Satellite Radio or Portable Music Player: Electronics
Requires that you pull the stereo from the dash to install but is leaps and bounds better than any cassette adapter or FM Transmitter.

OP
A

acvega

Reaction score
Big Difference between an FM Modulator and an FM Transmitter. What you are thinking of is an FM Transmitter. The link to the item on Ebay looks an awful lot like an FM Modulator as well. For a lot less money than that guy on eBay you could purchase something like this which would work just as well for way less:
Amazon.com: Scosche FM-MOD02 FM Modulator for iPod, Satellite Radio or Portable Music Player: Electronics
Requires that you pull the stereo from the dash to install but is leaps and bounds better than any cassette adapter or FM Transmitter.

It's not an FM Modulator. The one I use plugs into the cd changer port on the back of my stereo, so does the one I got for my wifes Nissan. I used to use an FM Modulator for my Sirius radio, but I occasionaly would still get interferance once in awhile. That has not been the case since switching to this type of module.

Reaction score
i actually had one of these

Motorolabagbig.jpg

SO DID I and i was really cool, LOL or so i thought

nighthawk700

Reaction score
i actually had one of these

Motorolabagbig.jpg

SO DID I and i was really cool, LOL or so i thought

My dad had one of these. We were going south on I-95 once (1994 I think) and hit a major traffic jam (bad accident ahead). Someone in the car 3 cars in front of us had this type of phone, and there was a line of people standing outside his car, with money in hand to use his phone. My dad didn't want people using his, so when he called my mother, he ducked down below the dash. Ah, those were the days. ;-)

acturbo

Reaction score

It's not an FM Modulator. The one I use plugs into the cd changer port on the back of my stereo, so does the one I got for my wifes Nissan. I used to use an FM Modulator for my Sirius radio, but I occasionaly would still get interferance once in awhile. That has not been the case since switching to this type of module.

I never experience any interference with mine and that is quite a big price jump. The one for my car from that guy on eBay is $160 as compared to the FM Modulator which is $30. Im guessing the one that plugs into the CD changer might be a tad bit easier to install but I dont think that justifies a $130 price difference.