Phone crashed reboots with many error messages

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
So i let my battery die and let it sit a minute then plugged it back in... as i booted it up i got to the main screen and it was flashing with these messages

BP PANICED

INTO BP CORE DUMP MODE

TRYING TO OPEN USB

SWITCH TO BP BYPASS MODE

i've never seen this before and wondered if anyone had any experience so i can get back to normal

i got into bootstrap somehow and reflashed the rom with out wipes and it didnt help one bit

i'm currently charging it ... ive tried battery pulls.... still wont work

any suggestions?

OP
sweeeeet

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can't be the first lol

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't know. I have never had this problem before. Is the battery is charging for sure? How far does the phone boot up?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
To add to those questions:

Which ROM do you have installed?
Are you at 5.5.893, 5.9.901 or what?

OP
sweeeeet

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
still happening.... my battery is 100% now i charged it while i was sleeping

it boots till the android guy... because i did a reset on the phone... about 10 seconds later the screen flashes w the error messages then reboots itself

kin3tx .893

OP
sweeeeet

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
rsd lite failed on step 1/15 ... tried 10 times ... in all my usb ports.... going to work with no phone .. extremely frustrated ATM :mad:

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
rsd lite failed on step 1/15 ... tried 10 times ... in all my usb ports.... going to work with no phone .. extremely frustrated ATM :mad:

I am not very familiar with rsd lite, but make sure you have the correct fasboot file. Also if you can't get rsd to work you can try p3droids pathsaver script, that may work to fix things.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
sweeeeet

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am not very familiar with rsd lite, but make sure you have the correct fasboot file. Also if you can't get rsd to work you can try p3droids pathsaver script, that may work to fix things.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

no luck with rsd... in the process of downloading the p3droids but its taking like an hour

OP
sweeeeet

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
cant really get usb to charge only if i cant get on my phone.... i can get into android recovery or fast boot but thats about it

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
If the phone can make a connection via usb with your computer then pathsaver may still work. But yea I guess you can't change it to charge only if you can't get into phone settings. Is pathsaver not working then? Have you tried this link for unbricking? Unbrick Your Bionic Here - RootzWiki

Taken from rootzwiki:

1.Open the moto-tools folder and install the 5.2.1 drivers. (32 or 64) depending on your pc........In the 6th zip
2. I turn off wi-fi on my pc now. (so drivers won't auto update-paranoia probably) Then i plug my phone into the pc and toggle through all usb modes to install all the drivers.
3. Install rsd lite 5.5 from moto-tools........In the 6th zip
4. unzip the flashme zip to a folder on your desktop
5. Open rsd lite (some people have more success running it as admin. )and press the |…| box next to the search bar. Browse to the folder you extracted everything to on your desktop.
6. select the default_targa_flash_xml file but don't start yet.
7. power down your device.
8. Hold both volume buttons while pressing power
9. use down volume to toggle to ap fastboot and press volume up to select.
10. run the xml file.
11. pray like hell

Probably want to add that if you have never flashed in fastboot mode then once you boot into fastboot and connect to the PC, it will load another driver even after toggling all the USB modes from a normal boot. This will always happen right after a fresh install of the USB drivers.
Also running as admin is generally always better on Win 7

To run as administrator right-click on the rsd lite shortcut and click properties. Click compatibility, check 'run this program as an administrator' and apply.

Last edited:
OP
sweeeeet

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
option 1 of r3l3ased root didnt work ... tried that one

path saver didnt work either

currently looking at the rootzwiki ... imma try that out

OP
sweeeeet

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
THANKKKKKKK YOUUUUUUUU STEVL THAT WORKED FINALLY.... IM BACK ON MY PHONE AS STOCK

THANKS MIKE FOR UR HELP TOO

11. pray like hell

THAT STEP MIGHT'VE DONE IT LOL

I RAN RSD LITE AS ADMIN ... I HOPE THATS NOT ALL IT TOOK CUZ THIS WAS 10 HOURS LOST OF GOING BACK AND FORTH WITH THIS THING

GLAD ITS OVER... THANKS AGAIN.. HAVE A GOOD DAY
dancedroid