Phone continuously reboots

AndrBaldr

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung galaxy Y pro young
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I've had a problem with my phone and I can't find a way to solve it.

There was a Whatsapp notification: I clicked on it, and the app crashed (the OS promted a popup, I selected "shut down the app"). Immediatly the screen went black and it rebooted.

The standard white-on-black Samsung Y Pro logo appears, the keyboard lights blink twice, everything goes black and it reboots again, and again, and again, forever.

What did not work:

1) Take out the battery, wait 5 minutes and start again. If I take out the battery and put it back again, the phone stays off. Once I press the power button it enters this reboot loop until I take it out again.
2) Take out the SIM card and try to boot.
3) Take out the SIM and the MicroSD.
4) Take out only the MicroSD.
6) Connecting the phone to the laptop: acts just like pressing the power button when the phone is off: it enters the eternal reboot cycle.
7) Booting in safe mode (hold volume up, home, and power): it goes a little further into the booting process: it briefly shows an image of a box, an arrow and a droid, and then reboots.

I can find several similar threads in Google but none with a suitable answer. Does anyone know anything that could solve this problem?

1drummernamedmarcus

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum..
Whats the make and model of your device??
Sounds like your stuck in whats known as a boot loop.
But first off make and model.
Rooted??

Sent from my Flashvetrin using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If this is the same phone you have you could try a factory reset as a last resort
or
boot into recovery and wipe cache first

Vol Up+Home+Power

1drummernamedmarcus

Reaction score
He beat me to it go recovery wipe cache dalvik factory data reset reboot

Sent from my Flashvetrin using Tapatalk