Droid continually reboots during start up - help!

figueroa4

Reaction score
Yesterday I installed 2 apps - Antivirus and Mobile Recovery. They seemed to be working fine yesterday. Last night I had 1/2 to 3/4 of green battery left but I have been having problems with the battery lately draining during the night, so I turned it off last night. This morning I turn it on to find it red, blinking and dying within minutes.

Now when I plug it into my charger it starts to boot up but then only goes so far then reboots. It does this over and over. I tried taking the battery out for awhile with no change. I tried booting while pressing X. I could do that so I selected the reboot option and all it did was go off and not come back on. Right now it is on the charger but not on at all. I will leave it like that for awhile or until I hear something from here.

I have the original Droid not rooted.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Chances are the battery is completely dead, you need to plug it in and let it charge without trying to start it up for a few hours, when you finally do get it booted up uninstall the task killer

OP
F

figueroa4

Reaction score
Ok, will do. Will be getting a new battery tomorrow. When I do is there some reason I should not be using a task killer? The guy at the Verizon store actually put it on for us when we bought our phones.

necrosays

Reaction score
Ok, will do. Will be getting a new battery tomorrow. When I do is there some reason I should not be using a task killer? The guy at the Verizon store actually put it on for us when we bought our phones.

i hate how the verizon reps are instructed to put a task killer on customer phones whenever customers are having issues. I took my gf's eris in for gps issues and they installed ATK .. made no sense at all.

but anyways, yea u should uninstall it. You dont need it.