Phone calls kill my battery

ricks

Reaction score
If I dont make any phone calls on my X, the battery will last about 2 days. Thats with alot of e-mails, facebook and a few other things with the browser. If I make or receive a few calls, my battery wont last a day. I have great signal strength. Anyone else have this issue?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I get about 18hrs out of mine and I'm a heavy user.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I'm at 132 mins right now.
30% battery

BodyBagz

Reaction score
If I dont make any phone calls on my X, the battery will last about 2 days. Thats with alot of e-mails, facebook and a few other things with the browser. If I make or receive a few calls, my battery wont last a day. I have great signal strength. Anyone else have this issue?

Exactly how long is "wont last a day?" 5 hours, 8 hours, 12 hours or 24 hours?

How long are you on the phone during these calls? The X should get no less than 8 hours of usage out of its battery when doing voice calls...

Now, 8 hours is an estimation considering all that is going on "behind the scenes" in the phone...but still, 7-8 hours is believable...but when you add in "alot of e-mails, facebook and a few other things with the browser", then you can expect that battery time to decrease accordingly...and I would say a conservative estimate would be 35-40% depending on exactly what the length of times for these other "activities" were since that monstrous 4.3" screen has to be lit up to do anything...

So, straight calling to depletion = 8 hour estimation
No calls just "other stuff = 2 days (and thats a hell of a bunch of "not really touching the phone" IMHO)
Lots of stuff and a few long phone calls = best guess estimation of probably 8-10 hours...12-15 at best...unless you have done some tweaking(which is recommended):)

OP
ricks

ricks

Reaction score
The other day my battery was at 80%, made a call and was on the phone for 49 minutes and when I hung up the battery was at 50%. 5 minutes later received a call and was talking for 16 minutes and the battery went down to 30%. This just should not be. I have a great signal and I have everything set to save battery.

cruckus

Reaction score
Try undervolting I use mine on calls and it will last like 14hrs just on straight phone calls

OP
ricks

ricks

Reaction score
Try undervolting I use mine on calls and it will last like 14hrs just on straight phone calls

Whats undervolting? I stopped at Verizon today and talked about this battery with phone calls and they say that it might be something with the last update. They wanted to flash the phone back to just 2.2