Phone Call Volume ?

METAL MUZZLE

Reaction score
I love my DX but I have a promblem hearing during a phone call the volume is all the way up but I still have a hard time hearing ... do you guys know of a solution to this promblem ?

Come out of the light & into the DarkSlide !

rww

Reaction score
Same problem here, i'm always in a noisy environment, and have a hard time hearing anything on my X. I think its just something we have to get used to.

mumfrey

Reaction score
not sure if this is the problem, but my x has a very small 'sweet spot' that i have to get just right over my ear in order to hear loudly and clearly. if the ear speaker is off just a bit, it's very hard to hear the caller.

Sent from my DROIDX

xliderider

Reaction score
not sure if this is the problem, but my x has a very small 'sweet spot' that i have to get just right over my ear in order to hear loudly and clearly. if the ear speaker is off just a bit, it's very hard to hear the caller.

Sent from my DROIDX

This. Or you can try putting the call on speakerphone, that will certainly be louder than the in device speaker.

MantraTodd

Reaction score
This is really my only complaint on the X and honestly I'm probably going to return it as I'm still under my 30 days. Even in a quiet room I need to have the in call volume at max or a notch or two below just to hear someone. If I'm in any kind of noisy environment there's no way to hear even on max. With my old phone I never had to have the call volume or ringer volume above 50%.

I had the same issue with ring/notification volumes on the X but I was able to increase the volume of some mp3's I used to get them to acceptable volumes. I also can't say I'm impressed with the bluetooth volume either, again even in a relatively quiet environment I have it set to max just to hear clearly. In a vehicle or anywhere with some background noise it's hard to hear even on max.

All the features and such are great, but when you can't hear the people calling you it's kind of worthless.

knighthonor

Reaction score
I too notice this. seems like the DX has many different volume settings.

Volume for calls,
volume for music
volume for alarm clock

so on.

not sure whats going on. my music play loud, but cant get my alarm clock to be loud ,nor my calls

ShaggyDroid

Reaction score
I agree with the above statements , my daughter has the Droid 1 and the volume on her phone is sooo loud . My bluetooth volume is also very low but if I use an ear bud ( like when listening to music ) the volume is perfect

xxraffyxx

Reaction score
Yeah Very disappointing when I upgraded from my Droid 1 to the Droid X. Also the speaker is also much lower then my previous phone.

csimo

Reaction score
I love my DX but I have a promblem hearing during a phone call the volume is all the way up but I still have a hard time hearing ... do you guys know of a solution to this promblem ?

Come out of the light & into the DarkSlide !

I'm told there was a manufacturing change to the X regarding the internal speakers.

If you remove the battery cover does your X have a red or a yellow tab? Yellow = original, red = improved. Or at least that's what I was told by Moto support.

My original one had the yellow tab and I couldn't hear it, the replacement has the red tab and sometimes it's actually too loud... but neither are near as loud as a Droid 1.

Scythe

Reaction score
You guys probably need to up your "system volume" setting. It impacts pretty much everything.

radroni

Reaction score
try a had set and see if it is the phone or just the speaker on ur dx...if u can hewr ok with a wired headset then prob a bad speaker on dx...just take it in to have vzn to fix....

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App