Help with volume +

prey

Reaction score
I purchased the volume + app but don't really notice any difference in volume during phone calls.

I have the volume bar all the way up.. But still find it hard to hear the person on the other end of a phone call most of the time.

Am I doing something wrong???

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

NicoleNXD

Reaction score
On your phone in settings click on sound, there should be something that says musicfx. Click on it and then set it to volume +. Not sure if you did that already or not.

OP
prey

prey

Reaction score
Nope.. Haven't done that...
But I looked under sounds.. Nothing like that to be checked.

Any ideas?

NicoleNXD

Reaction score
Some roms have removed that setting due to adjustments they have made to the sound. I know a couple of roms I have used didn't have the setting anymore. Volume + needs to be set as the main volume in order to work. So you could either find a rom that hasn't removed it or maybe someone else can chime in with another app or way to get it to work. When I was using it, it really did help with the volume. Seems the adjustments that have been made just isn't quite enough, still seems low to me.

Deborah29

Reaction score
On your phone in settings click on sound, there should be something that says musicfx. Click on it and then set it to volume +. Not sure if you did that already or not.

ht3.jpg
jh.jpg
bh.jpg

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
Some custom kernels (Franco's comes to mind off the top) have this built in and its adjustable. You just need to set the volume (got mine at 13 and it's plenty loud adding in poweramp's equalizer). I know for that particular kernel, there's also an app (franco.Kernel Updater) that you can get from the market that allows you to make those adjustments (and many more, such as download, flash, over clock, under volt, etc etc). Most of these new kernels only work on 4.0.3 and 4.0.4 ROMs though so don't flash if you aren't at least running 4.0.3).

I'm on Pete's latest Bug less build and that musicfx setting is still included btw...

OP
prey

prey

Reaction score
I dont have a rom installed. Just stock galaxy nexus.

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
I can't think of any kernels off my head that would work on 4.0.2 or lower to accomplish the same as volume+...I've only had my Nexus less than a month so I haven't had a chance to play around with it stock. There might be kernels for 4.0.2... though this forum wouldn't be the best place to look being as I saw maybe two kernels in their list.