Phone "butt dials" when plugged into charger..

Suebabes

Reaction score
It dials people, texts people, google searches, downloads things....you name it....how the heck do i fix this PLEASE? This is my 2nd DROID, and they are sending
a 3rd one next week as they insist its what I am downloading, and all i have is my gmail, I don't even open my email..... Thanks!:happy:

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Are you using the charger that came with your phone?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
S

Suebabes

Reaction score
No, that exploded in the wall socket while charging...I went to have them replace, they had to mail me one which took a week, i bought one at Target....then got the one in the mail, it didn't do it for awhile, then does it randomly....

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No, that exploded in the wall socket while charging...I went to have them replace, they had to mail me one which took a week, i bought one at Target....then got the one in the mail, it didn't do it for awhile, then does it randomly....

You can't use the aftermarket (Target) one as the voltage is different. You need to use the original charger.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Are you charging it while its in your back pocket? "Butt dial?"
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

siriusgamer

Reaction score
This problem has been touched upon before. Using any other charger than the one provided causes this.

OP
S

Suebabes

Reaction score
Ahhh...they sent me one and it didn't do it for about a week, then it's done it a few more times.....gotcha, i'll pitch that one in the trash. Thank you!! If it happens again with the new one Verizon just sent me, any suggestions other than smashing this with a brick?:)

Nope, I don't put it in my pocket, its either on the desktop/counter when its charged, or in my purse!

Thanks all!

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ahhh...they sent me one and it didn't do it for about a week, then it's done it a few more times.....gotcha, i'll pitch that one in the trash. Thank you!! If it happens again with the new one Verizon just sent me, any suggestions other than smashing this with a brick?:)

Nope, I don't put it in my pocket, its either on the desktop/counter when its charged, or in my purse!

Thanks all!

If it's still doing it after using the original charger, you should return it to VZW as it's a problem that you wouldn't be able to fix yourself.

Or you can smash it with a brick, but take a video and post it.

OP
S

Suebabes

Reaction score
I have a 3rd phone in the mail to me as the text wouldn't work, but looking on here i got some suggestions that worked...now i don't know if i want the new one....i'll have to "tweak it all over again"

Haha, yea, i'd probably get a zillion hits on u-tube if I do that.

thanks again