Forced 2.2 - BT Dialing, no confirmation

myriad46

Reaction score
I forced the 2.2 update last week and have had none of the well documented issues that people seem to be having. Overall, I am very happy.

One of the features I was looking forward to the most with the Froyo release is Bluetooth dialing.

Sometimes it works great. "Speak now." "Call Joe Smith, Home". Then she asks, "Dial Joe Smith, Home?" I say, "Yes" and we are off and running.

Sometimes, however, I tell it to call, and it informs me that it is dialing someone else without every asking me if it is OK to do so. Or it does the same thing, but thinks I read off a number rather than someone's name, and starts dialing a random phone number.

Anybody else having this issue? Has anyone found any settings for this feature? Maybe this will be fixed with the FRG22 build.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I forced the 2.2 update last week and have had none of the well documented issues that people seem to be having. Overall, I am very happy.

One of the features I was looking forward to the most with the Froyo release is Bluetooth dialing.

Sometimes it works great. "Speak now." "Call Joe Smith, Home". Then she asks, "Dial Joe Smith, Home?" I say, "Yes" and we are off and running.

Sometimes, however, I tell it to call, and it informs me that it is dialing someone else without every asking me if it is OK to do so. Or it does the same thing, but thinks I read off a number rather than someone's name, and starts dialing a random phone number.

Anybody else having this issue? Has anyone found any settings for this feature? Maybe this will be fixed with the FRG22 build.

I think you answered your own question. Saying Call (insert name) seems to work for me every time. But to be perfectly honest I use it for only two things: Call home and Call wife, so maybe it screws up more then I know.

FRG22 as far as I can tell is not too much different then FRG01B. I found some keyboard issues in that build.

OP
myriad46

myriad46

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. It seems to be worse with background noise.

I also just noticed that you have over 10,000 posts. That's impressive!!!! I did a little math and since the launch of Droid, that works out to be about 36 posts a day, 7 days a week. What do you do for work, if you don't mind me asking? Do you get paid something as a moderator?

makpjazz57

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I used a Bluetooth Logitech speaker that I clipped to my visor (when I had my blackberry) and when I upgraded to the Droid (not Droid X), I lost the ability to voice dial via the speaker. Would "forcing" 2.2 enable me to voice dial with a Droid and how would I "force" 2.2? Thanks for the help.

Marla

OP
myriad46

myriad46

Reaction score
Maria, bluetooth voice dialing is indeed an included feature of Froyo (Android version 2.2). There is a sticky thread at the top of the forum with all the instructions on how to do this.

Rjax, thanks for the tip and the possible workaround. I kinda just wanted to see if anyone ekse had experienced this problem, or whether it was acknowledged by Google/Motorola.

sharondet

Reaction score
Yes, I noticed that although it does repeat what it thinks you said, it doesn't seem to give you a chance to say 'no', it just dials.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
True, no confirmation of what you said, just a repeat of what it got, and if that is a valid contact then it will proceed to call it.

One will have to get a habit set of figuring out how it responds to your voice, I typically say Call XXX at XXX and it works well 99% of the time.