KitKat - no more dialing phone numbers? What?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
That's pure stupidity. If I want to do an internet search I'll click on my browser. When I click the phone I want to make a call and I want the dialpad to automatically pop up and be the main screen. Is there a way to fix this? If not then I'm not upgrading to KitKat.

Silverfang, thanks for bringing this to my attention. Unless there is a way to fix this I won't be upgrading to KitKat.
Just out of curiosity, how often do you use Google Now?

As for myself, I use it quite a bit, so I welcome this whole new "dialer" change. It seems more streamlined and less steps.

The dialer is still there. You don't have to elect to use the new search function. The worst part of it is, the dialer isn't the first thing you see anymore, which I would personally consider a small issue.

OP
silverfang77

silverfang77

Reaction score
I don't use it because it won't connect to the Internet.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.

BlueLions81

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, how often do you use Google Now?

As for myself, I use it quite a bit, so I welcome this whole new "dialer" change. It seems more streamlined and less steps.

The dialer is still there. You don't have to elect to use the new search function. The worst part of it is, the dialer isn't the first thing you see anymore, which I would personally consider a small issue.

Not too much.

lowvolt

Reaction score
The amount of data that will be used is miniscule. In the grand scheme of things. I doubt you will even notice it. 2GB is a lot of data.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The amount of data that will be used is miniscule. In the grand scheme of things. I doubt you will even notice it. 2GB is a lot of data.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Not when Google gives a hundred possibilities and the person gets side tracked checking out the callees pictures on Facebook or whatever that new picture/recipe sharing social media site is that's all the rage at the moment. 2gb I'd a lot of data but it will go fast for the average user that is easily distracted by all the pretty colors.
To me it's no biggie because no matter what desert they call it I'm going to be using Nova Launcher and Rocket Dial dialer anyway.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

OP
silverfang77

silverfang77

Reaction score
We should be able to get 4 GB for $30/month.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.