Phone book access request

xxwabbit

Reaction score
When my phone connects to car stereo via bluetooth, a message pops up asking for permission to download phone book, contacts, sms messages, etc. I deny this and uncheck "always allow?". But it doesn't seem to stick. I have a Kenwood KDC-X994. Is this an android thing or a setting in the stereo? I have searched and am currently searching Google.

William_04_x

Reaction score
It's a feature in the head unit(stereo). Transferring the phonebook to the headunit allows direct dialing of your contacts from the headunit, instead of your phone. Text messages can also be displayed on the HU, instead of having to look at your phone.

Sent from my MZ604 using DroidForums

OP
xxwabbit

xxwabbit

Reaction score
Grr..figured someone would say that. I can't find any way to shut it off. I'll go to the Kenwood website and see if I can find any answers.

William_04_x

Reaction score
Do you get the request every time you connect? I have a BT headunit in my truck and I only get the request if I initiate a fresh pairing. Do you leave BT running on your phone all the time?

From RAZR MAXX

OP
xxwabbit

xxwabbit

Reaction score
I do get the message when I get in the car every time and also leave the bluetooth on all the time.