Bluetooth connection

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I'm really digging the X so far. I'm still messing with it, so I've yet to fully see it's capabilities.

I do have one question though...and I've posted this question on a car audio forum to see if they can shed any light on it. I have a Kenwood DNX6140 stereo in my car. This head unit allows for Bluetooth phone connections...basically I can hear calls through my car speakers and I can dial from the stereo, etc.

The two devices, the X and the stereo, do recognize and they do pair up. I can make/receive calls. But...the head unit will not download my phone book via Bluetooth. With my last phone, the Dare, it did.

Would anybody know why the phone book wouldn't be able to sync to a Bluetooth device? Thanks in advance...

1dp3655

Reaction score
I'm really digging the X so far. I'm still messing with it, so I've yet to fully see it's capabilities.

I do have one question though...and I've posted this question on a car audio forum to see if they can shed any light on it. I have a Kenwood DNX6140 stereo in my car. This head unit allows for Bluetooth phone connections...basically I can hear calls through my car speakers and I can dial from the stereo, etc.

The two devices, the X and the stereo, do recognize and they do pair up. I can make/receive calls. But...the head unit will not download my phone book via Bluetooth. With my last phone, the Dare, it did.

Would anybody know why the phone book wouldn't be able to sync to a Bluetooth device? Thanks in advance...
Im actually a step behind you. I also have the DNX6150. The X recognizes it, and asks if I want to pair, I said yes, but then it says I entered the wrong passcode. It never gave me an option to enter the 0000 passcode, like my Eris did and BB did previously. Also, my Plantronics ear BT paired automatically without entering 0000. Did you get option to enter passcode?

OP
IIGood

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6

Im actually a step behind you. I also have the DNX6150. The X recognizes it, and asks if I want to pair, I said yes, but then it says I entered the wrong passcode. It never gave me an option to enter the 0000 passcode, like my Eris did and BB did previously. Also, my Plantronics ear BT paired automatically without entering 0000. Did you get option to enter passcode?

Yep...when I searched for devices from the phone, it found the 6140 and I paired it. It then prompted me for the code which I think I actually programmed in when I installed the stereo, even though it's 0000. So maybe go into your 6140's settings and make sure a code is set?

fecurtis

Reaction score

Sadly the X doesn't have the option to do so.

tdawg5480

Reaction score
when connected you can view your phonebook but it doesnt save on the headunit. Also does your dnx series radio allow you to sms now? moto added this finally and is a rare feature in the USA mostly Euro phones support this.
I use a dnx5120 and its rock solid with the droid x. I am using the kca-bt200 bluetooth adapter. are your rocker switchs in the right location i think mine are either off on off...or on off on Ill check though tongiht.
EDIT- Did you get the PBAP request notification and always allow it?

OP
IIGood

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
when connected you can view your phonebook but it doesnt save on the headunit. Also does your dnx series radio allow you to sms now? moto added this finally and is a rare feature in the USA mostly Euro phones support this.
I use a dnx5120 and its rock solid with the droid x. I am using the kca-bt200 bluetooth adapter. are your rocker switchs in the right location i think mine are either off on off...or on off on Ill check though tongiht.

How did you get the phone book to show up on the head unit?

The DNX6140 does allow SMS now...kinda neat. Though texting and driving is illegal here in Maryland...

My DNX6140 doesn't use the Bluetooth adapter module...Bluetooth is built in to the head unit.

Where do I find the PBAP request notification...is that on the phone or the head unit? There isn't a whole lot of options on the head unit as far as Bluetooth goes...

tdawg5480

Reaction score

How did you get the phone book to show up on the head unit?

The DNX6140 does allow SMS now...kinda neat. Though texting and driving is illegal here in Maryland...

My DNX6140 doesn't use the Bluetooth adapter module...Bluetooth is built in to the head unit.

Where do I find the PBAP request notification...is that on the phone or the head unit? There isn't a whole lot of options on the head unit as far as Bluetooth goes...

The pbap request will be on the phone. Try removing th droid from ur headunits list of paired devices then remove it on droid once paired again u should see pbap request and set it to always allow just redid it to be sure my information is correct works on dnx5120 the 6140 is a year newer and one model higher it should work

OP
IIGood

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
The pbap request will be on the phone. Try removing th droid from ur headunits list of paired devices then remove it on droid once paired again u should see pbap request and set it to always allow just redid it to be sure my information is correct works on dnx5120 the 6140 is a year newer and one model higher it should work

Okay, cool...

UPDATE: I'll be. I didn't need to unpair the two...I turned BT on on the X, then fired up the head unit...sure enough, there was the Phone Book request on the phone. Jeez...wouldn't have thought to look for that. Thanks so much!! It's all synced up now.

Last edited:

tkc122

Reaction score
Audio

Okay, cool...

UPDATE: I'll be. I didn't need to unpair the two...I turned BT on on the X, then fired up the head unit...sure enough, there was the Phone Book request on the phone. Jeez...wouldn't have thought to look for that. Thanks so much!! It's all synced up now.

I am using the Kenwood KDC645u paired with the Droid X (with the phone book transferred).

Question: Are you able to play music or any order audio through the bluetooth into the car stereo?

I searched for some bluetooth pairing videos on youtube and found this droid being paired with the Camero. The droid shows a headphone symbol after being paired.

My droid shows a bluetooth earpiece instead of the headphone when it pairs with my Kenwood.

I think this could be a Droid X problem because my Nokia N95 8GB music plays fine on the Kenwood.

Let me know :)

FireDroid

Reaction score
I have the Sync form Microsoft in my truck and the DX is paired with it. It works great and even thew me off when I git a text and it popped up on the dispaly and then played it over the speakers!!

For some reason I cannot get it to play any media over BT media so I cant hear my movie or directions for NAV over the speakers. I hope this is fixed in an update soon as it was nice using my droid 1 to navigate while listening to music. Then it would pause music to tell me directions then resume my music. The speaker is not loud enough to hear the directions ove my radio when going down the road now.

tkc122

Reaction score
I have the Sync form Microsoft in my truck and the DX is paired with it. It works great and even thew me off when I git a text and it popped up on the dispaly and then played it over the speakers!!

For some reason I cannot get it to play any media over BT media so I cant hear my movie or directions for NAV over the speakers. I hope this is fixed in an update soon as it was nice using my droid 1 to navigate while listening to music. Then it would pause music to tell me directions then resume my music. The speaker is not loud enough to hear the directions ove my radio when going down the road now.

This media over bluetooth sounds like a bug. Can't wait for the .604 update, hopefully that will fix the issue.

travishamockery

Reaction score
question for you guys with the bt-200. does your X send an audible ring through the car speakers? mine doesn't and I miss it. My iphone always did and it was much better than having just the music cut out.

tkc122

Reaction score
question for you guys with the bt-200. does your X send an audible ring through the car speakers? mine doesn't and I miss it. My iphone always did and it was much better than having just the music cut out.

still no audible from the stereo speakers...even with .604 update. UGH!

I now use a aux cable to playing last.fm, navi and get notifications through the car stereo which works fine. But I want the bluetooth audio to work! :icon_evil:

travishamockery

Reaction score

still no audible from the stereo speakers...even with .604 update. UGH!

I now use a aux cable to playing last.fm, navi and get notifications through the car stereo which works fine. But I want the bluetooth audio to work! :icon_evil:

you're not able to just stream last.fm through bluetooth? that completely works for me. I'm just not receiving the audible ring that my iphone used to give when I got a call.