phone app keeps crashing

krus_2

Reaction score
My phone app recently started crashing anytime I make a call. As soon as I hit the call button the screen goes black and a force close box pops up. Odd thing is, I can still hear my voicemail. Anyone have any clue what I can do to fix this?

Running BB .8 with helix home and parts of the desire theme. In case it helps.

flyguide83

Reaction score
Do you still have the phone. Apk that comes with v.8? Usually that goes away when you theme.. you will know by going to settings/call settings. Are there like fifteen extra choices in there about blacklist and vibration stuff? If not maybe your phonesettings.apk was deleted? Dl v.8 use root explorer and go into apps. Find the phone apk and phone settings.apk multi select both and copy. Paste them in the theme your using(delete the old phone.apk from the theme first). Run the theme update.zip and you should be good to go.. sorry if that made no sense, few beers in. Pm me if you need more help and ill answer them in the morning when I'm more clear headed..lol

pbarlis

Reaction score
Got my droid last week, haven't had a chance to play with it. The phone application has force closed twice in the middle of a phone call. Now I can't hear incoming callers, can't hear people I've called, only works when on speaker. Also the screen time out during calls works backwards, dark when not beld up to my ear and on when it is by my ear. No case on phone, just the clear plastic on the screen that came with the phone. HELP!

flyguide83

Reaction score
Got my droid last week, haven't had a chance to play with it. The phone application has force closed twice in the middle of a phone call. Now I can't hear incoming callers, can't hear people I've called, only works when on speaker. Also the screen time out during calls works backwards, dark when not beld up to my ear and on when it is by my ear. No case on phone, just the clear plastic on the screen that came with the phone. HELP!
I bet this is your aux jack being a pita.. Mine does this .. well it did .. Does yours happen after you have had something plugged into the aux outlet? ie, headphones or whatever? If your rooted search the forum for audiotoggle.apk It resets your speaker. Otherwise you have 2 options. Reboot the phone when it happens. OR stop all music and back out of player also all phone calls that your on while connected to a headset must be put on speaker then disconnect the plug then put the call back off of speaker.