Camera app hangs and crashes on open, also causes phone to crash

TheBrownBus

Reaction score
I've had this problem for a couple weeks now. When I open the camera app on my phone, it hangs, then the app crashes. I can back out of it with the home button or back button but it takes several seconds to respond. After a couple times opening it, my phone crashes as well. I have tried clearing data, rebooting my phone in safe mode, force quitting the app, but nothing works. Any advice?

snorin72

Reaction score
Same trouble

I've had this problem for a couple weeks now. When I open the camera app on my phone, it hangs, then the app crashes. I can back out of it with the home button or back button but it takes several seconds to respond. After a couple times opening it, my phone crashes as well. I have tried clearing data, rebooting my phone in safe mode, force quitting the app, but nothing works. Any advice?

I'm having the same trouble and so is my husband. We've removed all apps and done factory resets...still a problem. Any ideas?

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
Which phone are you using? Sounds like the software is corrupt. You need to reflash the phone to stock, or clean ROM.