Personal Finance App

Fullenwider

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I will be getting my Droid Monday via FedEx.

Hoping to find an App to use that works like Quicken does on my Notebook.

Mint & Quicken online don't cut it because I like to add expenses to my Register up to 3 month in the future to see negative balances 'before' they occur & I like to put my receipts in as I get them.

Eventually Quicken will write a Mobile App (unless i just haven't seen it) but until then......

Any suggestions on the Best App?

Free or Paid.

Thanks in Advance!...................................................................................................

OP
Fullenwider

Fullenwider

Reaction score
You hit the nail on the head, but for some reason they are just doing the "online" thing that runs just like Mint.

Both Mint & Quicken already have iPhone Apps - I'm sure they will have an Android App soon.

If I could enter future data then I would be happy with them.

cramit

Reaction score
Here is the apps I have found:
(I originally posted this list in the available applications thread:

I am personally leaning toward myMoney (free) and Checkbook Genius (fully featured). MyExpencePal looks good too.

I would use mint.com, but I am a little scared of giving them my bank passwords, and want to be able to add transactions even when I don't have access.

OP
Fullenwider

Fullenwider

Reaction score
Intuit appears to have purchased Mint.

It should be as secure as anything online can be.

OP
Fullenwider

Fullenwider

Reaction score
Landware has Pocket Quicken for Mobile Windows Smartphones and has come out with an iPhone App. I am hoping they will release a Droid App SOON!

Maybe if everyone emails them they will see there is a market for it and expedite a PDQ Version (Pocket Droid for Quicken).

OP
Fullenwider

Fullenwider

Reaction score
I see now Quicken allows you to add future transactions. That's great but I can't log on via my Droid.

cuskit

Reaction score
Another "hopeful" here for Pkt Quicken for the Droid. I loved using it on my Palm and hope they get their act together soon jumping aboard Android. It's the last app I need to get rid of my Palm. Sigh...

cuskit

bodean

Reaction score
Another "hopeful" here for Pkt Quicken for the Droid. I loved using it on my Palm and hope they get their act together soon jumping aboard Android. It's the last app I need to get rid of my Palm. Sigh...

cuskit

Still no word on quicken support for droid? Shame.

DarrellM5

Reaction score
I use Mint.com as a novelty. There are several things which keep me from using it for everything, like:

• Inability to track precious metals
  • Inability to track cash
  • Inability to connect to 2 of my financial institutions
For now, I rely on a spreadsheet.

OP
Fullenwider

Fullenwider

Reaction score
I'm using Quicken.com (almost but not the same as Mint) now instead of Quicken the program.

The Bad:
Can't use it on my Droid
Can't Reconcile
Does not auto-update

Hopefully Quicken will fix it.

But, it is FREE! :icon_ banana: